1st Shot Sigma 150-600mm C Nikon: Watching

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I sent it to Danny first. He is an awesome bird guy and willing to help an old fart like me. Well, it is only a test shot to see if it was compatible with my Nikon D3300. Early AM, very dark, fog. High ISO 12800. I wasn't trying to get a @JacaRanda photo here. Just trying to recover it. It is on life support? I know it is, bash away. No post other than cropping and turning into black and white. I want to thank @dannylightning for his continued support, he is a good egg.

Watching.JPG

Since when is an early AM, very dark , foggy, ISO 12800, black and white photo EVER a good test?!?!

I recommend you post a better compatible test photo.

I got mine coming tomorrow and will use it on the D3300 while I wait for my D500 to come in. These lenses are not really great for low light or night shooting,you really got to get out and sharpness test to on birds and focus speed on a fast flying tweetie bird.

Last edited:
Since when is an early AM, very dark , foggy, ISO 12800, black and white photo EVER a good test?!?!

It worked on my camera to answer many posters questions that I could not find a reasonable answer. I did a smart search and it revealed it. Many users, potentially have the opportunity to get this lens at a reasonable cost, knowing it will work on their crop camera. My goal was to help TPF posters here. Sorry if I offended you with my noob photography and amateur knowledge.

It worked on my camera to answer many posters questions that I could not find a reasonable answer. I did a smart search and it revealed it. Many users, potentially have the opportunity to get this lens at a reasonable cost, knowing it will work on their crop camera. My goal was to help TPF posters here. Sorry if I offended you with my noob photography and amateur knowledge.

There probably was never going to be a big doubt that the lens would work on a current dslrs. The. Issue would normally arise when Nikon release new bodies with different software and the siggys have to play catch up. The dock system should help alleviate the pain of firmware updates.

Anyway, glad your lens works, its not the best ever shot but I'm sure you'll get many great ones going fwd, enjoy your new toy :)

Oh man. I don't dare take a shot when conditions are bad - Well maybe a few thousand :)
My best results with the Tamster have been in nice to great conditions primarily. I have some bad condition keepers, that are not worthy of posting. (Caught a mom and baby bobcat early AM at ISO 16000) could not allow myself to delete it. :)

There probably was never going to be a big doubt that the lens would work on a current dslrs. The. Issue would normally arise when Nikon release new bodies with different software and the siggys have to play catch up. The dock system should help alleviate the pain of firmware updates.

Anyway, glad your lens works, its not the best ever shot but I'm sure you'll get many great ones going fwd, enjoy your new toy :)

that pic was at least a 1/4 a mile away

Oh man. I don't dare take a shot when conditions are bad - Well maybe a few thousand :)
My best results with the Tamster have been in nice to great conditions primarily. I have some bad condition keepers, that are not worthy of posting. (Caught a mom and baby bobcat early AM at ISO 16000) could not allow myself to delete it. :)

Thanks for responding man. I can't even do your laundry when it comes to shooting. I wont post crap any more. Problem is, I don't what is or isn't.

LOL, we keep shooting and keep getting better. Not with each shot but maybe each month or year. . Keep posting though, you start to get a feel for what you like and what the members like or may like.

Last edited:
I hope I am not going to have issues with the Sigma and D500 and have to wait for an update,this would suck big time.

these lenses are definitely best when used in good lighting where you can get a lower ISO. it is amazing how much you can zoom in on large ish objects that are far away.. trying to shoot birds or small animals you still got to get pretty close.

Most reactions

Back