1st shots please review!

ga_shooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new to this so bear with me. These are the first shots taken with my 30D. (they are hosted on flickr) I am seeking honest peer review on what i can do to make them better as I have NO IDEA what i am doing. I am reading Understanding Exposure as directed, but it's only helping a little. Thanks...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11492829@N05/1129518339/in/photostream/

Yeah, I get the same thing. I posted some pics last week and get lots of views with no comments.... Just a little frustrating. That is why I try to look and comment on all the pics with no response hoping someone will look at my own photos.

Now on to your photos. I guess the only ones I am wary about are "Big Ben 2" and the monkey shot. The colors look a little washed out. All your other shots look great to me, IMHO, and I really like the turtle shot; very nice shot on that one!

Looks like you are doing good with your 30D. Are you new to photography or just got a new toy? :D

Hope you find this helpful.

Abel

You can add your images to your post and it makes it easier to see them. Right click your images in flickr and copy the address (highlight and press "Control+C" to copy it).

Look at the yellow landscape icon when you are in the reply mode and it says "insert image". Click that and paste (Control-V) in the address to this bar. Delete the letters after the jpg tag at the end so it reads http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1307/1129518339_45a9b55bec.jpg

Hit ok and your image will appear.......like this..... ( I can remove if you don't want this here)

1129518339_45a9b55bec.jpg

Some people can't be bothered searching to find your images (usually I don't look unless the image is posted).

Anyway

first image (above) is a cracking image of the girl and the colours are great however I feel the large bright leaf is fighting with the girl to be the main subject. there's also a bright branch leading onto the girls shoulder which isn't pretty although some decent cloning and that could easily be removed.

I like No2. Great angle, nice colour but it would have been better to get the whole of the child in the image.

No3 - Nice depth of field here but I'm not sure that the eyes are sharp? The camera looks to have focussed on the hand and because the dof is very narrow the rest of the face is out of focus. Use only one focus point and make sure it's on the eyes.

No4 - To be honest it looks like just a typical candid shot taken at the zoo. Doesn't really work for me.

No5 - Nice colour and looks pretty sharp but other than that it doesn't do much for me. Another typical zoo type shot (I take these too you know) :)

For first shots they are pretty good though. You can only get better. read lots about composition and the "rule of thirds".

Lets see more :)

I really like the colour, very bright but not too overbearing really cool, and the pose is lovely too

yeah i dont understand maybe just all one big thread where people can post photos and would be easier more people would look accross them that way ..

Most reactions

Back