Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The very first SLR camera ever made is being offered on eBay:

CLICK HERE

sport-1.jpg

The Cnopm in Cyrillic means Sport.

The price is very high, usually going around $500 but I guess one has to pay a premium for the good condition this camera is in.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That things ugly as hell.lol crazy how far our cameras have come from that generation.

I agree... But all SLRs come from that one, the very first 35mm SLR ever. Then the SLRs evolved into what they are today.

It's not the first SLR but an historic camera nonetheless.

It's possibly the first 35mm SLR though many believe the Kine Exakta beat it
slightly.

The first known SLR was the Monocular Duplex by CR Smith released in 1884,
a large format camera.

And, Graflex was making rollfilm SLRs at least as early as 1903, decades before
the 1936 Russian camera shown above.

Houghton, Ernemann and others also made :pSLRs well before 1936.

Last edited:
It's not the first SLR but an historic camera nonetheless.

It's possibly the first 35mm SLR though many believe the Kine Exakta beat it
slightly.

The first known SLR was the Monocular Duplex by CR Smith, a large format camera. :p

Yeah, I realized my haste in reporting it, I forgot to mention '35mm'. However, I did mention it in a post above. ;)

The Kine Exakta was the 1st successfully marketed 35mm SLR but Sport was indeed the very first 35mm SLR.

OK, I'll let it go this time. :lol:

Let me guess, you've already got one or two? You've got everything else. I'm green with envy...do they have a little envy emoticon?

All kidding aside, very cool post, I guess I really do learn something new every day.

J.:mrgreen:

Let me guess, you've already got one or two? You've got everything else. I'm green with envy...do they have a little envy emoticon?

All kidding aside, very cool post, I guess I really do learn something new every day.

J.:mrgreen:

No, I wish I had one...

Wow... That's a piece of history right there. Looks to be in very good condition as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back