1st snow storm

johnlo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jklimagery.com
I spent yesterday walkin around the city during a snow storm.

DSCF0023.jpg

in Central Park

DSCF0049.jpg

Rockefeller Center

Absolutely terrific!
The second one is my favorite but the first has a lot of appeal, sort of remote and lonely somehow.

Rockefeller center is my favorite. It has exellent composition, depth, and colors. I really like how everything points to the tree in the background. The angels in the front add some great spirit and splendor to this shot.

Do you have a big pic for my desktop???

Anyways. the first shot is composed well but needed something to offest the bleakness.

thank you!!!

yea, something is missing in that pic. couldnt find anyone to go with me... and didnt see anyone that interest me to be in the pic. maybe the next snow storm.. i do have an idea i want to compose.

its funny.... i used to work down the block from rockefeller for 10 yrs.. but never walk over there for any pics. just too much ppl there. too much tourist. i had to get online to get that pic.... but worth it. :)

have you tried lightening the first picture? or increasign the contrast? cuz to me it just looks like the snow should be a little brighter. Only problem I really see w/ it.

My wife and I absolutely love NY City. We wish we could have been walking around with you. The pics are nice.

The snow does look rather gray in the first pic doesn't it? I would guess the white balance possibly as snow can really throw it off at times.

thanks for the tips guys. yea, it is a little grey. its actually my first time taking pics of the snow in black & white. I will increase the contrast and lighten the pic a little.... thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back