1st storm chase experience

rockincw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
yesterday we had some storms pop up here in wichita falls,tx and i decided to grab my gear and head out, headed a forming storm off north of waurika, ok and caught a supercell that had signs of rotation.. right place, right time i thought until it was time to high tail it, good thing since as soon as i got in the truck and turned around half dollar size hail started raining down. camera is safe but my truck.. not so much. took a bout 130 shots and only had one i figured i could use. not 100% happy with it but it was my first storm chase, but it was worth every bit for the experience i gained and will do it again. C&C welcome and much appreciative.

thanks,
Chris

Just fix the tilt some. One does get the sense of a powerful storm about ready to do some serious damage. Glad we don't have those here on Long Island.

i remember an old saying, that it is the big trees that fear a storm, where as the tiny grass plants stay cool... like the ones seen here .... yet the storm warning is so alarming to us, because we are not of safe dimensions....

Liked the image very well

Regards :D

You are brave! Decent shot.

I wouldnt say i were brave.. just dumb haha

lol if I lived in tornado alley I would be dumb too, when other kids were saying they wanted to be firemen and princesses in kindergarten I always said I wanted to be a meteorologist and also chase tornadoes :lol:

I like how the clouds almost turn from black to white in the span of the photo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back