Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
s42443ca115157_71.jpg

s42443ca115157_111.jpg

s42443ca115157_5-1.jpg

mikey3.jpg

jm5.jpg

jeffy3.jpg

You are posting in the Pro section so this is going to be a bit stronger of a critique than in other sections.

Image 1
I can see the Rembrandt lighting in this but the focus point did not hit the eyes, they are soft when they should be sharp.

Image 2
This image lacks in a few ways, thing like the underwear showing, the wrinkles in the background and not enough contrast in you black and whit conversion. This looks like you need at least one more light on the background.

Image 3
This image looks awkward, to me it looks forced and not natural, as well it looks like it should have been shot horizontal, but you lighting looks better on this one.

Image 4
It is a bit too small to tell if it is sharp, but again I do not get the peaceful feeling I think you where going for with this one. It seems like there is a bit to much black space around this one. You subjects head is too centered. (See Rule of 3rds)

Image 5
I like this one, it is fun but could use a bit more light to really make it pop.

Image 6
Without the hand coming in from nowhere this would have been a stronger shot. With no arm attached to the hand it is just floating there. For this type of shot a wider crop would be better. And it looks like you white balance might be a bit warm on this one.

This is just my opinion.

work on quality and composition.

The first two are nice, although I feel a somewhat lower camera angle on the second would help.... not so much that his body become foreshortened... just a bit.

Three of the rest are shot "out of key," and it's not doing anything good.

I gotta ask... the shot of the two guys together? Umm... what is their relationship? Placing them into this pose... with that pinkish background... well, I think its clear what the problem is.

-Pete

Only problems I have with 'working on composition' is that I work at a portrait studio where we have no control over the lighting or camera settings. We are not allowed to position where the strobe is located, cannot touch the ISO, Fstop or shutter speed (Which as a photographer is killing me)

But thank you for the critique, I do appreciate it!

The first two are nice, although I feel a somewhat lower camera angle on the second would help.... not so much that his body become foreshortened... just a bit.

Three of the rest are shot "out of key," and it's not doing anything good.

I gotta ask... the shot of the two guys together? Umm... what is their relationship? Placing them into this pose... with that pinkish background... well, I think its clear what the problem is.

-Pete

They are married. There is no problem. They wanted the red tulle underneath their heads.

Only problems I have with 'working on composition' is that I work at a portrait studio where we have no control over the lighting or camera settings. We are not allowed to position where the strobe is located, cannot touch the ISO, Fstop or shutter speed (Which as a photographer is killing me)

But thank you for the critique, I do appreciate it!

?????????

That's not a photographer, that's a button pusher. What kind of a portrait studio gives the photographer no control of the results?????

On another note, composition doesn't have anything to do with ISO, aperture of shutter speed, those are the keys to correct exposure. Composition is the pleasing arrangement of the subject in the portraits. You DO have control over that right?

?????????

That's not a photographer, that's a button pusher. What kind of a portrait studio gives the photographer no control of the results?????

From what I understand, that is exactly how Target, Walmart, etc. run their portrait business. And yes, agreed, that is a button pusher. I considered trying a part time job at one of these places until I understood it wouldn't help me learn anything about photography.

I'm going to second what most everyone else here said. As far as the shots of the two men in question...regardless of their sexual preference, they are still men, and you don't want to shoot men in feminine poses. Things like a tilted head or a hand angled a certain way take away from the masculinity you want to portray.

Most reactions

Back