1st Water Lilies of the year

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While out at the Muttontown preserve, I came across a small pond literally loaded with Water Lilies, and some had actually bloomed. Naturally, the pond was surrounded with all sorts of vegetation, making it that much more of a challenge. These days I shoot almost every stilll ife with a tripod, as I've noticed a little shake in my hands these days.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Baily52812 112_1 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

Baily52812 105 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

Baily52812 102 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

Baily52812 126 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice set Joel :)
Love the compositions, first and last are my fav, the third one finding the reflection in the water of the bridge is very neat !

Joel, nice shots, thanks for sharing. I like the first and last ones the best.

I actually like the 3rd one the best. It has a feel of abstract to it. I wish the flower wasn't in it....lol

Thanks Judi for the kind words. To tell the truth, the tripod, and me almost ended up in the water when I slipped on the wet bank.

WesterGuy, thank you for taking the time to look, and liking my presented work.

Mishele, Nice to see you back on the boards. And thanks for stopping by and having a look. It never occurred to me to take some pictures of the various Lily pads, as many are off colors and naturally arranged in various patterns. Guess I never really had an eye for the abstract. I tend to focus on one thing, and get tunnel vision throughout the entire process.

Hey thanks!! Life has been busy, in a good way...=)
It's funny how everyone sees things differently. Keep shooting!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back