1st Wedding-- C&C -- Appreciated... :)

Thanks NJ... It was very hard to get him to smile...

When you say the light looks hot.. What does that mean? To warm?

I mean in #3, the sunlight is causing some blowout on the side of their faces (hot spots). But as I said, I like it anyway. :) There wasn't much you could do about it since it looked like a candid. Unless you specifically moved them into the shade, there wouldn't be a problem with that obviously, but then it wouldn't be a candid shot anymore. In any event, good job.

NJ

I mean in #3, the sunlight is causing some blowout on the side of their faces (hot spots). But as I said, I like it anyway. :) There wasn't much you could do about it since it looked like a candid. Unless you specifically moved them into the shade, there wouldn't be a problem with that obviously, but then it wouldn't be a candid shot anymore. In any event, good job.

NJ

Thank you... I'm still learning and I appreciate all the help and advice,.. :)

Nice shots! Very well done!

If you don't like the colours in #6 try switching it b/w if you already haven't. Might work ....who knows....?

Heres a B&W Version of # 6 Which is better.. ?

bwry8.jpg

Hey zendianah,

It looks more like a sepia tone to me, sorry. Or maybe a cross between sepia and B&W.... can't explain it. To make it work as a true B&W, I believe what most people do is increase the contrast or play with shadow and highlights until it looks about right. Not sure, I don't convert to B&W that often, but when I do, I use a variety of techniques and see what works best.

I think I like the color version better of this one. Just my opinion. ;) But I still see some sort of cast or tint, very subtle, but noticeable. Sorry, I can't put my finger on it.

NJ

I would agree with NJ on increasing the contrast in your b/w, or maybe just making the shadows more black in order to preserve your midtones, and not blow out the hghlight on her forehead any further? I tried a curves adjustment in PS try this; input 162-ouput 125 and input 239-output 220 (composite curve) then drop the brightness to -12/100 and increase the contrast to +5/100. Or instead of brightness/contrast use selective colour, select blacks and increse the blacks by about 12%. Let me know if that helped, also I can post what I did if it helps.

btw #1 in your series is beautiful. Nice job.

I do agree with the both of you.. I guess I should have said it was a duotone... Not a true B&W. I'll play with the contrast. I can see what the both of you mean now looking at it again. There isn't enough contrast ... Darken the shadows... Thank you both. :)

Most reactions

Back