2 Boys for CnC

max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are just a couple of the 400 shots I took from a recent church event.
Let me know what you guys think.
4501723348_4b9af3d5b8_b.jpg

4501719408_b0952d9369_b.jpg

Max- Looks like a fun event. I take pictures for my church, it's a lot of fun.

You captured some great expressions on the kids faces. Good job capturing the moment. The first one has some distracting elements. I think zooming in or cropping tighter would help.

The second one I would zoom or crop tighter as well to eliminate some of the open space above the boy.

I like them, I just think a little tighter might be the ticket. Your profile said OK to edit, so I hope you don't mind. I cropped to see what the images would look like to give an idea of what I'm thinking. I'll remove them if you want.

One thing about this tighter crop though, is you kind of lose the feel of how little the kid was. I like that about your original, it has a nice feel of a small child that gets somewhat lost in this version. So, it's kind of a tough call for me if zooming in would have been the answer. But, as you can see, the tighter shot does remove a lot of distracting elements.

p841472938-3.jpg

p694390656-3.jpg

Looking again, I think another solution for the second boy in blue would be to get lower if possible and shoot upward. This would have more of the slide in the frame more clearly showing what he is on (my copr totally removes what it is/was).

For this lower shot, I would not show all the slide per se, but enough to show what it is, but still have some space in front of the boy in the direciton he's traveling.

I say all this, realizing from experience that it can be easier said than done to capture kids tumbling down these things coming toward you.

I really appreciate the tips, I will keep those in mind on the next run. I dont think there's anything wrong with the cropping. I could see using both options for different purposes. I'm really just trying to work on composition and trying to make sure I get a clear focus on the eyes.

Most reactions

Back