2-camera shoot sync problem

guitarkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.roxystudios.net
how many of you shot a wedding with 2 cameras, taking hundreds of photos, only to get home and realize that the camera dates were off! i just got a 30D as my main cam and the date was off by a month. the 20D was fine. now after i edit in raw, i export to tiff to do cropping and dodge and burn, etc. then i export to jpg and sort by DATE PHOTO TAKEN ON.....BUT GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! what did you do! i don't think there is anything i can do. i don't have the time to go through 1400 photos and rename them to put them in order!! i don't think there is anything i can do.

thanks,
steve

The joy of digital shooting at weddings is that we can take 1400 images from the day and pick the best ones later. :D

Irfanview is a good batch renaming program.

On this one, you may have to sort with something besides the date/time. The file numbers are still sequential so it's not as if they are random.

Live and learn...
I'm betting that you will never forget to synchronize your cameras again :D

mike,

i will never forget to sync them again. in fact, i check everytime before i shoot now, just because. 15 seconds of syncing could have saved me HOURS in time! i was beyond enraged. it just slipped my mind. what made it worse is that it was 2 days off AND 1 hour off! i did find a program to change the info in the shots....but it only helped to correct the day. now i'm left with 300 photos or so where the hour was 1 hour off. whatever. if only the hour was the same i would have had it made but the camera was setup for west coast time when i ordered it. anyway, that issue has long been behind me and won't happen again!

on a side note.....we shouldn't be taking that many photos at a wedding? why not? better to have way too many. not sure why you wouldn't take a lot! take tons and see what sticks later. i average about 100 an hour...900 for a wedding might mean 650-700 final shots...maybe even 600. i keep the best ones and they never see the rest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back