2 Famous Roofs

sameerjatana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...no points for guessing where they are, but ya 100 points to count the number of colors in the 1st pic..good luck :thumbup:

Roof-closeup.jpg

roof.jpg

Don't really care about the points, but I know for sure the first one was taken in Hotel Belagio, Las Vegas :)! Nice work :thumbup: .

Knopka, how can anyone know that?

I like the abstract quality of Photo 1 and the huge amount (that is how far my counting them goes) of colours intrigues me!

And I love the symmetry and kaleidoscope effect (and the colours) of the second photo!!!

The first one is good, the second bugs me for some reason. Only because it appears to be off-center.
I am sorry to say this, but... even though these photographs hold an amount of beauty, I have to say that they don't show very much talent from the photographer. I mean, they are cool to take a glance at. I think it is the same with a lot of types of photography, such as photojournalism and landscape photography. At times it seems like producing a good photograph is less dependent on whether or not the photographer is talented, but whether or not the subject is interesting. But then again, a truly great photographer can make most any boring subject matter appear to be interesting. For the truly large group of mediocre to good photographers (in a few types of photography) it is mostly about capturing a photograph at the right time/right place/right pose/right setting. Therefore I conclude that a lot of times, whether a photograph looks good or not, is not under the photographers control.

Man I rambled on a lot. Just a thought.

MatthewKern said:
At times it seems like producing a good photograph is less dependent on whether or not the photographer is talented, but whether or not the subject is interesting..... For the truly large group of mediocre to good photographers (in a few types of photography) it is mostly about capturing a photograph at the right time/right place/right pose/right setting.

If that were true, then every photo of the same subject would look the same. And, as anyone who has seen the various meetup photos would know, 5 or 6 people take pictures of the same subject, and each one looks completely different.

I like those 'jellyfish' in the first one - great colours! The second looks like it's a little out of focus to me. :)

LaFoto said:
Knopka, how can anyone know that?

Because, my dear LaFoto, I took a similar shot... 5 years ago! Wow, has it been that long?! Time for a new trip to Vegas :)! Sorry for the quality...

scan.jpg

Ah! Now I understand :lol:
Thanks!
(Still doesn't quite look like a ceiling to me, but I guess everything's possible in Las Vegas?) ;)

As far as I know, they've spent a couple billion dollars on this one. It's so cool when you see it with your own eyes. So, if you're ever in Vegas, go to Belagio ;)!

puzzle said:
If that were true, then every photo of the same subject would look the same. And, as anyone who has seen the various meetup photos would know, 5 or 6 people take pictures of the same subject, and each one looks completely different.

I like those 'jellyfish' in the first one - great colours! The second looks like it's a little out of focus to me. :)
That is why I said "At times".

MatthewKern said:
The first one is good, the second bugs me for some reason. Only because it appears to be off-center.
I am sorry to say this, but... even though these photographs hold an amount of beauty, I have to say that they don't show very much talent from the photographer. I mean, they are cool to take a glance at. I think it is the same with a lot of types of photography, such as photojournalism and landscape photography. At times it seems like producing a good photograph is less dependent on whether or not the photographer is talented, but whether or not the subject is interesting. But then again, a truly great photographer can make most any boring subject matter appear to be interesting. For the truly large group of mediocre to good photographers (in a few types of photography) it is mostly about capturing a photograph at the right time/right place/right pose/right setting. Therefore I conclude that a lot of times, whether a photograph looks good or not, is not under the photographers control.

Man I rambled on a lot. Just a thought.

I totally agree with you. Its just that as one gets more experienced, the percentage ratio of "photographer's skill:subject" goes higher and higher. But it never is 100:1. e.g. many times u will see that the photographs which win international awards will generally be those of human suffering, disasters etc etc. How many times have u seen the same photographers winning awards for pics of happy kids from rich households. Its the subject which stirs our emotions...the photographers' skill is to capture those moments in an appealing way.

well, the 1st as some of u guessed is indeed Bellagio, Las Vegas. The other one is right opposite to it..Paris, Las Vegas.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back