2 for C&C please...

bevoholic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stephenanthonyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pictures of my Sheltie, Biscuit. And yes, I know I need to iron the background, but I don't have one yet.

Both were taken at ISO 200, 1/25 @ f/1.8. OCF at about 45 degrees from him on my right side. 45 degree angle bouncing off of a white ceiling.

5490124730_c176c89551.jpg

5489527565_76ea88ec29.jpg

So far I'm really liking this 50mm f/1.8. I just wish my apartment had more room so I could back up and get his full body in the frame.

Why is your shutter speed so slow? How much ambient light were you exposing for?

Well, if there isn't a lot of ambient light. I'd shorten your shutter speed to above 1/100s. Your max x-sync speed is 1/200 if you're just using cheap triggers (I know I am). The SB600 is more than capable, assuming it's comparable to the 430EXII. You could even use your kit lens and get a shoot thru umbrella. That way you could get the entire dog in frame while still having soft even lighting.

@ gsgary Thanks for that tip. I definitely keep that in mind for next time.

@ Tyler I'm not using triggers, I haven't received mine yet. I'm actually using the cable that attaches the flash directly to the camera.

Even so, there's really no need to have your shutter speed that slow unless there's ambient light that you want to properly expose for. You'll enjoy triggers a lot when you get them I am sure.

Most reactions

Back