2 for C&C (sunset on the farm)

TheGreatGonzo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are two photos I took at my wife's family farm. I would appreciate some C&C on how they could be improved. I know the focus is soft on the first one. Not too sure about the composition.
Thanks,
Gonzo

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I think they are nice
Although, the first one dosent do much for me
I like the second one, but the gate, seems like it just dosent fit

Anthony

I think they are nice
Although, the first one dosent do much for me
I like the second one, but the gate, seems like it just dosent fit

Anthony

Thanks Anthony. I might try reshooting the shed from the angle to the right of gate so that it is not in frame.
Gonzo

Yeah, id wanna see that
Its good scenery, just find a good angle :D
Keep shooting!

I like them but I agree, the gate seems to not fit. My attention automatically goes to the cool shed, but then it gets blocked by the gate. Do you have a super wide lens? I would also move the blue barrels away from the building if possible before re-shooting. I think without them and without the gate, the image will have a sort of timeless quality to it.

I like the second one, but I feel like it is tilted a little to the right (maybe its just the horizon, the clouds, and the gate that make it appear that way). I think I would tilt it a half degree to the left....

I would also move the blue barrels away from the building if possible before re-shooting. I think without them and without the gate, the image will have a sort of timeless quality to it.

In retrospect, I think they took away from the image also. When I shoot it again, I roll them out of frame. Thanks for the C&C.
Gonzo

I agree with GooniesNeverSayDie11; remove the gate and blue barrels and the picture would be that much more amazing. I love the color the sunset adds.

Yeah, definately go back at that same time of day too, I like the lighting. The reason I asked about a superwide, was so that you could get closer to the building and still get that row of trees to the left in the frame. I think this would give a little more life to the building. Not close enough to add wierd distortion, just close enough to make it seem atleast a little more prominant.

Most reactions

Back