2 For C/C

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided to post some more from my vacation in Oregon...
Let me know what you think? any c/c is appreciated, as always.

Seagull.jpg

Rope.jpg

( I think the right side of this shot may be blown out..)

#1 is soooo close. I think just a little smaller aperture (higher f#) would have sealed the deal. Still a really nice shot though! I just would have liked the grass to have been in focus, too.

#2 isn't blown out as far as I can tell. All it needs is a little contrast. It's just a bit hazy. Photoshop or the like can fix that.

Great shots!

I love them both. I think #2 needs some punching up, LCARS is right. I edited a bit. I also cropped some of the top and right off. Basically, increased contrast in some areas and did some burning in of the shadows. It's not perfect and you could probably do much better with the full size RAW.

iCNRc.jpg

#1 is soooo close. I think just a little smaller aperture (higher f#) would have sealed the deal. Still a really nice shot though! I just would have liked the grass to have been in focus, too.

#2 isn't blown out as far as I can tell. All it needs is a little contrast. It's just a bit hazy. Photoshop or the like can fix that.

Great shots!

Yeah I agree.. after looking at it the grass being out of focus is rather distracting. I am still learning what everything does, and what to do with it.lol

Thank you for you input!

I love them both. I think #2 needs some punching up, LCARS is right. I edited a bit. I also cropped some of the top and right off. Basically, increased contrast in some areas and did some burning in of the shadows. It's not perfect and you could probably do much better with the full size RAW.

iCNRc.jpg

Thanks, Ill take a swing at this... looks a lot better with some of the touch ups you did.

C&C per req:

1. A nice scene, but the lighting is rather flat and lacking in contrast. Judging by the shadows, this was shot sometime mid-day, which is less than ideal. The use of a CPOL would have helped somewhat with the contrast issue, but ideally a time earlier or later in the day with the sun lower in the sky would have been best.

2. I'm afraid this one doesn't do a lot for me. I think the composition with almost half of the image being "unused" bothers my eye; I'm trying to find something to look at on the right side and finding nothing.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

C&C per req:

1. A nice scene, but the lighting is rather flat and lacking in contrast. Judging by the shadows, this was shot sometime mid-day, which is less than ideal. The use of a CPOL would have helped somewhat with the contrast issue, but ideally a time earlier or later in the day with the sun lower in the sky would have been best.

2. I'm afraid this one doesn't do a lot for me. I think the composition with almost half of the image being "unused" bothers my eye; I'm trying to find something to look at on the right side and finding nothing.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the C/C, I know the first shots just missing something.. I really wish i would have turned out as colorful as it was in person.
However, that was a rest stop of the west coast... stopped to take some shots... so didnt have much of any options in coming back for a retake, unfortunately. So i had to deal with Harsh lighting and annoying wind gusts.

I like them. As for the first I think I would have liked to of seen more of the landscape..higher f stop as someone else said. I like #2 a lot!

Most reactions

Back