TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
VStackPoints.jpg

pointedpipes.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man!

I think there is insufficient DOF in #1 in the immediate foreground, that the background needed supplimental lighting, and the photo lacks mid-tone contrast. It is good the specular highlights retain detail, but it's unfortunate it's at the expense of most of the shadows being blocked (no detail at all).

#2 is IMO poorly composed resulting in a very unbalance photo, not to mention the numerous self portraits w/distracting background in the photo.

Presentation is always a matter to consider and not having a blank line between the 2 photos detracts from both.

thanks keith the only defence i have is i shot this with natural light only had no reflectors no extra lights no nothing
and i do appreciate the pointers and also i will gap the two

thanks keith the only defence i have is i shot this with natural light only had no reflectors no extra lights no nothing
and i do appreciate the pointers and also i will gap the two
There is a saying - necessity is the mother of invention.

All light - zenon flash, incandescent, flourescent, sodium vapor, sunlight, whatever - is natural (a photon, is a photon, is a photon).

You shot with ambient light.

Light is what making a photograph is all about. Your photographs will show if you just accept what light is available, or if you take it to the next level and control the light. :thumbup:

By the way, I'd appreciate it if you would at least capitalize the first letter of my name.

I feel the focal point should have been on the very tips of those mean looking arrow shaped devices (I'm not a motorcycle guy...) using a bit more depth of field so you still keep some detail in the background. Contrast looks great. BW = awesome.

Second shot should have been a bit tighter with more emphasis on the curves of the exhaust pipes (if they are called that - the big pipes leading to the exhaust - English isn't my mother tongue either...).

Keep going!

By the way, I'd appreciate it if you would at least capitalize the first letter of my name.

Well, in all fairness, your name isn't the only thing in his post he forgot to capitalize. :)

oooppssss sorry I for to capitalize
thanks for the C&C on the pictures and my grammar

Most reactions

New Topics

Back