2 lenes, 1 choice.

CRman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking and comparing two seperare lenses.

He we go, The sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 or the tokina 50-135mm f/2.8. I have google and researched until my eyes blured. The only reason I lean to the Tokina is I tested there 12-24 over the Nikkor 12-24mm f/4 (same) and for me the tokina killed it hands down. Now I know Nikon has the 70-200mm f/2.8 but at this point its a litte $$$ for my camera budget. Both of the above lenses are 1/2 the $ or less of the nikkor.
I also own the Tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro and love it as well. I have just heard good things about the sigma hence I am asking. Thanks in advance

To recommend a lens it would be very helpful to know what you like to shoot. If you shoot sports or fast action subjects I would recommend the Nikon. Mainly because they tend to have the best focusing speeds. Otherwise if your going for price and tight on money go with the less expensive lens.
So more information would be helpful to give a better recommendation.

looking for a decent portrait lenses and have resd good reviews of both. It will basically raplace the 55-200 Nikkor I have. I dont shot sports or fast action so focus speed wont be that big of a deal. as you can tell by my sig most of my lenses are wide as my favorite shooting is landscape.

I see you have the 50m f/1.8, that is my favorite lens of mine that I use for portraits. But my recommendations out of the 2 would be the tokina 50-135mm, I looked at side by side closeups of barcodes taken with the two and the tokina 50-135mm looks crisper. Also the tokina 50-135mm just looks like it would be a good comfortable lens. (I might look into one for my self)

Most reactions

Back