2 Photos a week project, all comments welcome

eddlum25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Decided to upload 2 photos a week in order to push myself taking more photos.
Please feel free to comment.

Here are the first set

5082439234_284fca3f93.jpg

5080069498_6c61e0737d.jpg

Thank you.

Last edited:
#1) I like the idea of framing the shot with the trees, however, the long crop/composition takes away from what the trees are framing. Too much space at the top. Not bad though, nice view.

#2) Nice shot, but I find the blurred foreground plant that is blocking part of the flower, to be a distraction.

First one is a dude. I have many myself. It seemed like a good idea at the time but when it is all said and done - a dud. The second one is a keeper. I would be interested in what lens it was taken with and what difference in depth of field other lens/setting options would have produced. Here is a link to explore that question somewhat. Tele vs wide, F-stop variations etc Depth of Field Calculator

I actually like how the second one has the blurred foreground. It makes it seem as if you're looking through a bunch of ugly weeds to find a beautiful single flower. I don't know...that's just my opinion..But I like it. First one is...meh.

#1) I like the idea of framing the shot with the trees, however, the long crop/composition takes away from what the trees are framing. Too much space at the top. Not bad though, nice view.

#2) Nice shot, but I find the blurred foreground plant that is blocking part of the flower, to be a distraction.

Thank you. My first intention was to blur the foreground more, but it didn't come out as planed. :(

First one is a dude. I have many myself. It seemed like a good idea at the time but when it is all said and done - a dud. The second one is a keeper. I would be interested in what lens it was taken with and what difference in depth of field other lens/setting options would have produced. Here is a link to explore that question somewhat. Tele vs wide, F-stop variations etc Depth of Field Calculator

Thank you for redirect me to the webpage, it's very helpful :thumbsup: The second photo was taken using a 55-250mm lens at 250mm f/6.3
1/160 ISO 400 handheld.

I actually like how the second one has the blurred foreground. It makes it seem as if you're looking through a bunch of ugly weeds to find a beautiful single flower. I don't know...that's just my opinion..But I like it. First one is...meh.

Thank you. I like the second one too.

Last edited:
I like the idea in 1 it frames the pic the scene is pretty. And 2 is very prettyOf course Im a flower person :)}looking forward to seeing the next sets.

I wish the bottom of the first one wasn't cut off. I like the concept but it seems awkward to me. I love the second one. The coloring of the flower is gorgeous!!

Thank you very much for all your comments. I'm still learning how to compose a scene effectively. Hopefully I'll be a pro one day ;)

Was gutted that I haven't had my camera with me yesterday when I saw some birds gather by the river bank playing and bathing. Went back to the same location today and am happy to find that they're still there. Spend nearly 3 hours taking 380 photos. Here a couple that I think works.

Minimum PP in these photos.

1. Canon 55-250mm lens at 179mm f/7.1 1/1000sec ISO800

5089854162_27762504b7.jpg

2. Canon 55-250mm lens at 250mm f/5.6 1/1000sec ISO800

5089859578_ed2dacebcf.jpg

I know I should upload only 2 photos a week, but I just can't resist this one. Unfortunately I didn't manage to capture the birds' head. can anyone tell me how can I bring the detail back onto the bird back in PP.

5089259251_7ce465039a.jpg

Thank you.

Oh you got lucky nice set of pics I am learning to take my cam with me the better halfs been really patient with me lol

The water trails are very nice in the gull shots. I fiNd the cropping a little too close to the wing tips.

Thank you, however there isn't any cropping done on the top of the photo.

Oh you got lucky nice set of pics I am learning to take my cam with me the better halfs been really patient with me lol

Thank you. I am indeed very lucky to find them still there and manage to snap some cool action too :)

I missed posting any photo last week, here comes 4 photos of Autumn Color. All C+C welcome

5152357939_8ebdafb6d3.jpg

5151579516_f1d6b3a13e.jpg

5151578898_ee567d5162.jpg

5152967334_0e04246af3.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back