2 photos from a field. CC

SlimPaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went on a bike ride the other day, and took a couple of shots of this field, located 0.3 miles from my house. Here are two I find interesting. Hope you like them. C&C appreciated!

3341373863_b7d34f9015.jpg

3341342073_d0900cd53a.jpg

While they are both well done with great colours, #1 seems a bit standard (but nice).
I do like #2 though. The addition of the bike to add a sense of depth was a great idea. Not a fan of the power lines though.

While they are both well done with great colours, #1 seems a bit standard (but nice).
I do like #2 though. The addition of the bike to add a sense of depth was a great idea. Not a fan of the power lines though.

Thanks guys. I was a bit concerned about the power lines as well, but on the other hand I wanted to keep as much of the sky and field in the picture. Let's hear some more opinions ;)

Wow! Those are beautiful! I love the vibrant colors! Especially in the second one.

The second one is breath taking. I'm relatively new to photography and was wondering how you get a sunset picture with everything exposed correctly. When I take a sunset picture the foreground is always dark. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

The second one is breath taking. I'm relatively new to photography and was wondering how you get a sunset picture with everything exposed correctly. When I take a sunset picture the foreground is always dark. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks
To me it looks like an High Dynamic Range image (HDR). It looks like he took 3 or more shots at different exposure levels and merged them to capture the range of light/color.

I like it, sans the power lines.

. I'm relatively new to photography and was wondering how you get a sunset picture with everything exposed correctly.

I beleive (not exactly 100% sure) these pictures are HDRs which stands for High Dynamics Range.

basicly, its an under exposed shot, a properly exposed shot, and a over exposed shot put together in a photo editing software.

The underexposed shot captures the areas that would be overexposed in the normal shot, and the over exposed shot captures details that would be underexposed in the normal exposed shot.

-----

about the shots now---

I like the golden color of the sun on the dirt--looks off but very interesting.

The first could be better, Its still good--maybe if the sun was in this too or if something more was in the foreground.

I love the second one. Didn't even notice the powerlines until someone ponited it out, but that I know they're there, they're kind of annoying. :p

I really like the second shot compared to the first one. I didn't notice the power lines either until they were mentioned. The first shot looks a little underexposed compared to the second shot, but both are great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back