2 portraits for C and C

hayleyfraser24

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
hayleyfraserphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ive been away for a while, studying, I took these a few days ago and cant decide which one I like best, I thought id put them up for C&C... hopefully im improving? let me know what you all think ;)

DSC02331.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

I'm not a pro but IMO I like the 2nd shot but it's a bit too yellowish for me. :)

the first one is definitely too soft

the second isn't bad though

Are they the same picture? The first one is WAAAAY out of focus. The vignet is a little much and the second one has a seriously strong green cast. Good that you got eye level and the girl has a decent expression but I would say start over with your processing then look up some portrait tips and forums. There is a great "sticky" on portraiture in the "people photography" forum.

I have to agree with nntroung. The second shot is the best. The first picture looks very soft and her eyes are very dark. The second shot is too yellow, I would love to see this picture before the PP, though!

2nd looks better but the colors are a bit too off... there's a palette of green/yellow/orange and that's it, looks a bit strange. Also the focus looks off.. it's not that bad though. I tried to fix it by selectively sharpening the eyes/face/head and trying to blur the blades of grass in front a little. Also did a bit of color correction. Just giving you a different perspective I guess.

WQ3nV.jpg

thanks for the tips, they are not the same picture, I was kinda going for an "old feel" with both the pictures but I can see that maybe the second is too yellow, and I know not everyone is a fan of sepia but I kind of like the soft look you get from it... but 1 does look out of focus, ill work on it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back