20 below photography website and facebook

20belowphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, just wanted to post my sites in here in case someone has a burning desire to check out my work. You can view my portfolios on my website at 20belowphotography.com or come chat and become a fan on my facebook page. Thanks!

vintagesnaps

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
You do some interesting landscape photos, I like the perspective you used in many of them, very cool.

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
It's a start; some thoughts for improvement: Change the 'who is' image. Yes, you have a cute dog, but I'm not hiring him/her to shoot. People like to see a picture of the person they're potentially going to be paying a lot of money to. A confident, casual portrait will be a big help (but, if you must use that image, LEVEL it - you're hardly likely to attract to much business if you don't even take the most basic post-processing steps with your own work.

Modify your template so that there's no horizontal scrolling and only minimal vertical scrolling required. People are lazy; if it's not there in front of them, they're not likely to look too hard. On that note, lose the 'enter' page. It's one more annoying step. Did I mention, people are lazy? There's nothing that tells me how much you will charge to shoot a wedding, nor if you do other sorts of work... a 'rates' page might be an idea if you are seriously accepting commissions. As well, lose the g-mail address; nothing says "pro" like free-mail, and don't forget to include links to your social media 'sites!

You have some nice images, but the text of your 'site needs a MAJOR overhaul. Quite frankly, it looks like it was drafted by a teenager on a smartphone; use capitol letters where they're needed, use proper punctuation, and spell-check everything.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

curtyoungblood

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
As a consumer the name of your company would really confuse me. When I hear 20belowphotography, I start thinking about really cold things. I'm expecting to see some awesome snowscapes, and maybe some polar bears (ok, maybe that last part is just me being a silly southerner with outrageous stereotypes). Anyway, I just think that there's a big difference between what you set up as an expectation and what you deliver.

Most reactions

ClickASnap