20" Collapsible Reflector

Guinness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone know how you are supposed to collapse a collapsible reflector? Is there some special technique in bending it so it fits into it's pouch? :scratch:

The circular ones?

It takes a bit of practice...but once you get the technique down, it's easy.
Put your hands on it like a steering wheel (10 & 3). Then twist one hand toward yourself...and the other hand away. It should start to curl up onto it's self. Keep going until it's into a flat, smaller circle. Be careful, if you aren't careful, they can pop open and smack you right in the face.

This is the way I've found. Put your hands like Mike said, at 10 @ 3, but your right hand, turn around opposite, so the back of your right hand is facing your body. Then twist your right hand away from you. It will fold right up.

Your question certainly brought back memories. I have used the round ones for years with no problem, but I purchased an oblong shaped one a few years back about 7 foot x 4 foot used as a background. I was doing some PR portraits in my city {Sydney} and after using it couldn't figure how to fold it back up. Can you imagine me catching a cab with my camera gear, flash gear, tripod and the monster background. The cabbie thought it was a joke. Anyway, I can now do it quite easily.
www.philipweirphotography.com

Most reactions

Back