20" monitor

Jester

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi!
Could you help me
I'm goint to buy a new monitor, but its sooooo confusing - I dont know how ti choose
There're lots with S-IPS, can anyone advice what would be a good choise

I'd like monitor not greater than 20" and not greater than 500 usd (possible other good panel types)

Cheapest IPS is the Dell 2209wa. The second is the new Dell Ultrasharp 2410...

But 22" and 24" respectively. Under $1000 USD. If you have more, buy a NEC or Eizo.

Jester, If you do a search you should find a tread that I posted to on IPS monitors a couple of weeks ago. My post had a link to a list of all the current IPS monitors available including sizes and costs.

Sorry, I'm too lazy tonight to find it. :mrgreen:

oh great link! thanks
I think I will buy Dell 2007WFP or Dell 2209WA if i find them

The 2209WA was discontinued for all but corporate customers due to insane demand last I heard. Good luck to you though it's a nice screen.

woohooooooo!!!! :goodvibe::goodvibe:
:smileys:
I've just installed my new 2209WA
it looks great at once
(green tone sunset became yellow as it was supposed to be)
great views from any angle without darkening and inversion

thanks guys for the help!

btw, I just went to dell -> small business and ordered it from there to my work address

bought it for 409 AUD, which is about 350 USD

btw, what is the good tool for calibration?

or maybe i have a separate issue...

the problem is ACDSee show everything normally, while Photoshop and Capture NX2 have deeeeeeeeeep black

if I press new Solid Color layer in PS, it opens color picker form with gradient and about 1/10 at the bottom is black (about 1cm) and so all shadows fall into black on a screen, while ACDSee shows them correctly

Proof Setup is sRGB

what can be the problem?

I use a Spyder 3 to calibrate the 2209WA ... works like a charm.

Turn off proof setup, and don't touch it ever unless you're certain you have any other colour problems fixed.

The issue is (I assume you're using the standard ACDSee and not ACDSee Pro 2 with colour management enabled?), the issue is your windows settings. Photoshop will import your windows colour profile, and use that to display the image. If you see a discrepancy between Photoshop and ACDSee or Internet Explorer, it's because the latter two aren't colour management aware.

Unless you own a calibration unit or have reason to set it otherwise (like a wide gamut monitor) the colour profile assigned to your monitor in the windows display properties should either be missing or be sRGB.

You can verify which one Photoshop is using by clicking edit -> Colour Settings. Under working spaces RGB should be set to "sRGB IEC61966-2.1". Don't change this, instead just click the drop down arrow and LOOK at what is written next to Monitor RGB. Don't select Monitor RGB. After it should be the monitor profile, in many cases "Monitor RGB - sRGB ...." If you have a calibration unit this should be set to your generated profile.

I use an eye-One Display 2 calibrator. Spyder 3 is also a good choice. Spyder 2 has issues with wide gamut screens which is something to remember considering what appears to be a slow move to get some of these into the consumer market.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back