20% photo 80% photo-shop

I am also amazed at how much photoshop beyond the typical color correction, blemish removing, contrast, etc is allowed into photo contests. I tend to think if the image is 80% not real, it's not really a photograph but more of a graphic concept.
Please point me to these many, many "PHOTO" contests where 80% 'shopping is allowed and used on the winning PHOTOS.

Me to - any serious photography competition is often terribly restrictive with the use of editing. RAW processing, cropping, sharpening and noise are about all you can get away with. Everything else is mostly right out of the question (esp any selective editing like local contrast/curves etc...).

Seventy percent of statistics are made up on the spot!

Regards,
Jake

I am also amazed at how much photoshop beyond the typical color correction, blemish removing, contrast, etc is allowed into photo contests. I tend to think if the image is 80% not real, it's not really a photograph but more of a graphic concept.
Please point me to these many, many "PHOTO" contests where 80% 'shopping is allowed and used on the winning PHOTOS.

Hmm, I agree with Buck ... we should look at some Winning Photos ... then guess if how much processing has been done.

Interesting game, except we will not be sure who is right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back