2020 iPhone Photography Award Winners

I thing the term expensive depends on your perspective

Hmmmmm, some of them are quite impressive.

There are some nice pictures. The iPhone may be the ultimate "street" camera, as no one really notices them. I would not say they are not expensive- and iPhone is close to a grand, but the camera component is cheap, maybe $10-30 depending on the phone. A lot of the pictures had a lot of post processing done, but that is par for the course in the digital world.

I agree, there are some good ones but what makes them good is the photographer not the camera. I didn’t look through all of them but the ones I did look at have great composition which has nothing to do with the camera.

Think of all the billions of sub par pictures that are taken with a phone camera and these are a collection of some of the best and there’s only 75.

I agree, there are some good ones but what makes them good is the photographer not the camera. I didn’t look through all of them but the ones I did look at have great composition which has nothing to do with the camera.

Think of all the billions of sub par pictures that are taken with a phone camera and these are a collection of some of the best and there’s only 75.

True, but I am sure there are plenty of subpar pictures taken with Nikon DSLRs also. I think the point is iPhone has some capability to produce good photographs.

Most of these photos rely heavily on subject matter and location. the majority of these locations or scenes are quite beautiful and impressive and I think that almost any camera could have made these pictures. One needs to separate subject matter from photographic technique. Some of these locations would no doubt take quite a bit of effort to get to, and no matter what camera the photographer might have pulled out,in most cases a good photo could have been made. I looked at all 45 photos, and in a couple of them good timing was important, but in others it was pretty much a matter of being there--like the old expression f8 and be there. If you are in a target-rich environment it is fairly easy to make multiple decent photos or better. I am not trying to diminish the photos but as I said the majority of them are heavily subject matter dependent.these are contest-winning photos.

Most reactions

Back