20D vs. 350D?

michelejo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelejo.com
I read this and it kinda helped my decision:
http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/digital/eos_digital_rebel_xt_vs_20d.html

Initially, I was going to save $$ with the 350D and have more left over for lenses, etc. Now I am totally switched over to the 20D. Just seems like a better investment long-term.

Any thought? Anyone have both to compare? I see this issue come up a lot, LOL!

I'll read the web page ...

But up to now, I really have difficulties to make a choice.
Sometime , it sounds better to put the money in a lense
Sometime , 20D seems more robust...

I read this article ... but still wonder if 20D worth the difference of price...

Ok, lots of things ( referring to that page ) are better on the 20D. But the image quality is close to be the same on both.

Having a really good body is one thing, but it's useless if you have a bad lens.

Anybody with usage advice ?

Should I better consider a good lens with the 350D , or start with a 20D kit which means a "more or less" acceptable lens ?

Please ... help us to make a choice ! :hail:

For information, I currently have a Canon powershot A80...
My son ( 4.5 months old ) start moving really a lot .. and I would like to be sure I don't miss anything because of a slow camera ( body and / or lens )

I think it doesn't really matter. THe 20D has more features and a bit more refinement. However if yuo plan on shooting manual and not loads of FPS shots then a 350D with a good set of lenses is probably better value.

Could the 350D be a less good choice for long term ?

In fact, the problem comes from the fact that the Canon ( 350D or 20D ) will be used by myself and my wife... and she has really smaller hands than myself.
( I'm 2 meters tall, she is only 1.70 )

She tried ( for few minutes ) both 350D & 20D and she of course prefers the smaller one ... I do personnally prefer the 20D

But I'm sure it's a question of habit ... when you really use it.

Should I put the 20D + grip in her hands ?
Will the grip help her to have the 20D fitting well in her hands ?

What a difficult choice

I should maybe wait for the next Canon 400D ? ( :D )

I have the 20D...I like it. I don't like the 350D, it's too small for my hands and I don't like the layout of the camera. I really love the thumb wheel on the 20D...the 350D does not have it.

I have not used a 350D so I don't know how easy it is to change settings, but I'm sure that it's easier with the 20D...that is a big reason I wanted the 20D.

Most reactions

Back