24-105mm f4L IS USM

nikoliB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
*calling all user of this lens!*

i really need your help guys, i have this kind of lens just 3 weeks ago. and im wondering, when i was shooting outside, around dusk. i can see visible flares but i did not mind it. and out of my curiosity i tried taking some pics maybe the flares will disappear, i was changing the ISO, tried any kind of combination but the flare is still there.:( what should i do? should i return this to B&H? or it will just disappear through cleaning?:pale:

or its because of my camera itself? what do you think guys?:(

Flare is from light entering the lens. If you have a source of light in the picture (or a reflection/refraction of it) you'll get flare. No lens on the planet will fix that. You can get a Circular Polarizing Filter to dim the effect, but it won't make it go away completely.

i thought it was the lens! this is my newbie experience about flare. thanks!

Do you have anything on the lens? UV filter, anything? When I first got one of my cameras I bought a Sunpak UV filter, that thing would make the most awful flares. If you do, try it without. I haven't noticed it as bad with any other ones, but I occasionally have to take them off to get rid of a reflection.

Are you using a lens hood? They're good for reducing flare, unless you're pointing the lens directly at the sun... nothing can prevent that type of flare..

Are you using a lens hood? They're good for reducing flare, unless you're pointing the lens directly at the sun... nothing can prevent that type of flare..

+1 that lens should have came with a hood. Keeping it on the lens is always a good practice

As mentioned, lens flares is related to the lens itself. From what I read about this lens in the past, it does have more lens flares issue than others similar grade lens.

Quoted from Juza site:
"if you include a bright light source in the composition it is quite easy go get flare; sometimes there is so much flare that the photos are unusable. It may be a serious problem for sunrise and sunset photos, and in my opinion it is the main cons of this lens."

If you have filter in front of the lens, it will make is worst. Try to use the lens hood if possible and avoid point directly to bright light objects such as sun.

thanks guys! ill try with the hood on it. and i dont have any filters as of this moment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back