$29,000 24K Gold Leica Anyone?!?

Thank you for questioning my logic :lmao: Hey, I'm not perfect.

It always needs questioning (serious) but not really in this case. This product is putting money in the hands of the chinese and that is enough of a reason to boycott them, imho. But, YES, it's only one small part of what needs to be done.

It is very hard to not consume chinese but the simplest way to help yourself not do it is to consume less. I know this sounds stupid but it's real.

This product is putting money in the hands of the chinese

Sorry.. I don't see where in the article it states that profits from sales goes to the chinese.

Just because you put chinese characters on a product doesn't mean that the chinese get the profits.

consume chinese

Joking) I like Filipino and Malaysian too... especially spleens and legs.

Seriously) Does Chinese take out count? Menu is in chinese. The Cooks are from mainland China. Ignoring the fact that the restaurant itself is an U.S. establishment, it must support the Chinese government... Boycott Chinese Take out!

oh btw... i can't believe I left this part out of my original post.

The Chinese supposedly had a long respect for the design and quality of the Leica camera. For the select few "official" photographers (allowed to have a camera), the government commissioned a group to copy the Leica design. The resulting camera is known as the "red flag" camera. The "red flag" camera becomes one of the most rare of the rarest of collectables...

Kinda ironic that years later, Leica just makes one for them...

The first time I had heard of this camera was when one appeared on photo-arsenal's website for sale. All that exists in their listing is the vinyl case.... which itself goes for 1200 euros.

Just because you put chinese characters on a product doesn't mean that the chinese get the profits.

Quite right. And a very good reason not to support a company that is putting more money in the hands of the chinese government... I think. The Chinese people are not getting anything out of it but the government is including this amazing fact: they are great. sorry, they are not.

chinese kid over here feels discriminated against :(

the other gold leicas look a LOT better though. this thing's just ugly.

Leica seems to have lost sight of practicality - imagine carrying that thing.

Not that they were practical anyway... ;)

I'd get the Hermes M9 if it were available. And I'd USE it!

Seriously) Does Chinese take out count? Menu is in chinese. The Cooks are from mainland China. Ignoring the fact that the restaurant itself is an U.S. establishment, it must support the Chinese government... Boycott Chinese Take out!

Around here, most of the Chinese take-out places are run by people from Vietnam. So you may be in the clear!

I suppose that if you are keen on making some sort of political statement, are a camera collector and shooter and want to project some sort of image of yourself, then this might fit the bill, despite the cost.

Certainly not for me, or for most photographers, I suspect.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back