2nd Attempt, 3rd post lol

Bucky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went out (to my back yard that is!) and tried a little bit more.. creative pictures... but just a little bit
then it rained
and I had to stop cause i got cold :lol:

100_0262.jpg

100_0263.jpg

While I'm not too fond of the biggest flower being out of focus in the first shot, I really like the second.
But here's just one suggestion to you: wait for the right natural light to take flower pics and forget about the on-camera flash - it produces odd colours and an unnatural sheen on the petals.

OK I'll try that! I think I mighta used the flash I can't remember though... it was in the shadow of my house though.. so its likely!
I still havent got the hang of my camera yet
Im not 100% certain what all the functions do
like ISO, f, and one that changes form positive # to negitives

Bucky said:
OK I'll try that! I think I mighta used the flash I can't remember though... it was in the shadow of my house though.. so its likely!
I still havent got the hang of my camera yet
Im not 100% certain what all the functions do
like ISO, f, and one that changes form positive # to negitives
ISO is sensitivity: the higher the ISO number, the more sensitive the camera will be.

The f/number represents your aperture: a higher number means a smaller aperture means less light gets through. A lower number, however, means a larger aperture, means more light gets through.

The only number that I can think of that changes from positive to negative would be your meter. That would be your camera telling you if the image will be overexposed or underexposed based on your current settings.

The second shot is nice, as in the first shot, other than the focus try to lookout for distracting background (the gate/grill). Overall, nice try :)

What I think makes the second photo really nice is the fact that the green shoots become a forground frame to the flower.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back