2nd Day of Spring -- Magnolias in the Park

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did some walking in the park this afternoon. I know I'm not supposed to photograph white flowers in direct sunlight but I do it anyway -- I like them. The park is full of magnolias. Fuji X-T2 w/60mm Rodagon.

star-magnolia.jpg

pink-magnolia.jpg

magnolia.jpg

Any sign of spring is a welcome sight.

Interesting, these are not the big petals, large blossoms we're accustomed to in the south. So much different that I had to look them up Magnolia stellata - Plant Finder

Interesting, these are not the big petals, large blossoms we're accustomed to in the south. So much different that I had to look them up Magnolia stellata - Plant Finder

Yep, colloquially around here they're called star magnolias. We've got the classic big flower petals version as well but they're a week behind these. These are the first trees to bloom here along with the forsythia. These star magnolia open and drop their flowers before their leaves open -- makes for a somewhat different look.

I know I'm not supposed to photograph white flowers in direct sunlight but I do it anyway -- I like them.

That is a very serious violation, but beautifully exposed.

We've got the classic big flower petals version as well but they're a week behind these.

We had a beautiful, big Magnolia at our old house. When it bloomed the whole yard smelled wonderful. I miss that big old tree.

doesn't look like the magnolias i'm used to either, but beautifully done.

Most reactions

Back