www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C Please :)

n1597590027_174634_7223901.jpg

Breathtaking!!!

How did you do this?

:thumbsup: Excellent work!

Ok thanks! I have photomatix. I thought maybe you manipulated it in photoshop afterwards hehe.

I would make the horizon straight though....

Derrick

Absolutely stunning! Wonderful shot =]
Wish I could get a tripod to work on my HDR's.. =[

My roomate said it was girly, so thanks guys.

I see what you mean about the horizon. I'll work on that.

I didn't use a tripod btw. Just the auto bracketing and the fast shooting.

Where can I upload the full size resolution? Photobucket trims it down.

Thanks again everyone!

Personal opinion... clearly it pops, but it doesn't look real.

I know this is "the thing to do" with these HDRs, and if you like the look, more power to you, but to me it's taking a tool intended to deal with the limitations of a camera and pushing it well beyond that into making images of things that simply don't exist on our planet.

This also seems to have the side effect of allowing photogs to take an image that might otherwise not be all that interesting, and make it interesting purely on the merits of surrealistic colors and such.

This is not to say it isn't well done, and this is not to say that it isn't pleasing to look at... only that you have to ask yourself how you want to define yourself as an artist, because there is a lot more than photography in play, here.

BTW, aside from the angled horizon, I think it might have been interesting if you had the "dock" or whatever that is starting in the lower right and leading you towards the upper left. (so turn the camera to the right)

I'm getting tired of seeing all these awesome HDR shots everywhere. Would some one be so kind, so as to provide me with a good HDR guide link?

Great photo though, very surreal.

ya it's for sure a bridge, not sure why I put dock...I was up late. I totally understand what your saying, it looks almost like a painting rather than a photograph. I think as a photographer my goal is to capture the emotion and represent what I was seeing at the time. Also im kind of an art major, so I tend to go overboard sometimes.

Thanks for the critique!

I'm getting tired of seeing all these awesome HDR shots everywhere. Would some one be so kind, so as to provide me with a good HDR guide link?

Great photo though, very surreal.

HDR Photography | Pro Photo Show

scroll down to the bottom and there are 2 podcasts there. Use the program Photomatix, its the best!

The bright area of the photo looks too bright to me, it's just not believable. The saturation is really vibrant, maybe too much. I dont like how a lot of the image looks dark or underexposed.

I think it looks very well done, however I'd like to see a larger version for detail.
Sometimes photography is about capturing what the eye sees, and sometimes its about capturing what the eye can't see. In this example, the photographer caught something our eyes would not have seen otherwise (at least this colorful and dramatic). I'm sure the scene is nice in person, but this photo takes it to another level. Great job, I'd love to see more like this.

Most reactions

Back