2nd shooter at wedding for C&C

no, i went into this thing fairly blind. like the bride and groom, i just assumed someone that has been a photographer for 16 years didn't need a novice like me telling them whether they were good enough to work for. I figured they should be pretty good if they have been in business that long. maybe my biggest mistake.

By 16 years she probably means she took a photography class once back in high school or college but has not picked up a camera in the last 15 years until just a few months ago. Just because someone says they have been a photographer foe 16 years does not mean they are a professional level photographer.

I wouldn't work for or with her again that's for sure, and the feeling is probably mutual. we had only one discussion after the wedding, via facebook. she criticized me for cropping a photo she said i should have left wider in case the bride wanted to frame it. (I cropped out part of an ugly steel door on the outside wall of the church) I criticized her for not having the proper equipment to shoot a wedding, and she immediately blocked me. I found out later that she called the bride to tell her friend, to tell HER friend, to tell me that i had better not say anything else about her. (or else...i have no idea what. )

Wow I didn't think my opinion of the person could get any lower.

One thing you could do to score some points with the bride and groom and get seem good word of mouth out there with your name on it. Contact the bride and groom and explain that you were the second shooter and that you went into the thing blind about how the ignorance of the main shooter concerning photography and then offer to shoot some shots of the bride and groom (dressed in there wedding cloths or not the choice is theirs) at no charge because you feel bad that they don't have a decent photo to remember that day.

I guess it is what it is. to just tell you to stay out of her way basically is an idiot move. You have another person there to take photos. use it to your advantage. That lets you know she cares more about her ego then she cares about the end product. she went in with basic equipment and if thats all she had and no backup equipment she's not taking things seriously. And then to criticise one of your shots because you didnt have a good crop on it lol.

As for the autistic kid, good call on your part. I would have likely swapped out to a long lens and tried to get a few shots off from a distance where you weren't bothering him and he didn't notice.

Best thing to do is just let this sleeping dog lie. Contacting the bride and groom will only stir up more sh!t unnecessarily.

They got photos. You got money. Case closed.

p!nK

Best thing to do is just let this sleeping dog lie. Contacting the bride and groom will only stir up more sh!t unnecessarily.

They got photos. You got money. Case closed.

p!nK

Agree 100%

This thread contains a lot of criticism of a photographer who's work is not seen here, and based entirely on the choice of equipment that was observed during the assignment and without knowing any of the details of the arrangements between the photographer and the client.. This is really not very ethical behaviour. Members from a professional association would be answerable to a disciplinary committee for behaving like that.

Most reactions

Back