2nd time shooting a girl (not guilty)

Starskream666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now the style I wanted wasn't a big lighting set up with umbrellas and what not... more natural, no forced poses. I know that sort of style usually doesn't get much love on here but this is how I wanted it.

Typically what doesn't get love is pictures beaten with a trendy hammer.
That being said, these aren't too bad.
I think the blacks in #1 are too strong, making her hair just an inky blob and the right side of the picture doesn't do anything.
And oversharpened- see the halos at teh arrows

#2 is just attitude that seems sort of out of place on an unmarked young face.

#3 - not a bad look but the railroad track cliche just kills it.

#4 doesn't look like her at all.

I think the blacks in #1 are too strong, making her hair just an inky blob and the right side of the picture doesn't do anything.

#2 As I said, no forced expressions, just natural, so that is the natural face she must have pulled haha.
#3without the railroad tracks she would just be stood with a backdrop of trees which is probably more common/cliche, i really doubt it 'killed it'
#4 hahaha

Thanks for the constructive input on #1

What do you mean by 'Trendy Hammer' btw?

#2 As I said, no forced expressions, just natural, so that is the natural face she must have pulled haha.
#3without the railroad tracks she would just be stood with a backdrop of trees which is probably more common/cliche, i really doubt it 'killed it'
#4 hahaha

What I meant in #2 is that the hat backwards is just a total disconnect with her face, the picture is incoherent from that stance. Take a picture of her not some silly prop.

#3 is definitely my favorite. Some may think of it as trendy or cliche but I think it looks good and works well here. I feel like it's a Pacsun advertisement or something haha.

She really likes to smoke

I quite like #2, actually.

Sure it's attitude that's out of place, but that's kind of the whole idea here. I read her as someone who's trying stuff on. She's trying a look on, she's trying an attitude on. She appears to be at an age where she's struggling to work out who she is, and it's ok that she looks a bit bolted together out of spare parts. Not, of course, HER, she's quite lovely, but her look. She looks like someone who's a bit of this and a bit of that and trying to make sense out of it.

The railroad track cliche lightens up a bit when you realize they're the tracks of a kiddie train.

#1 is potentially OK, but as noted the blacks are all flat and nasty. Her eyebrows (while obviously painted on) look like they were painted on in photoshop, and very very badly, since there's no texture left in them. The composition's pretty strong, but I think over-processed and possibly fatally underexposed. The smoke is a little whisped out and fragmented, as well. This sort of thing is worth taking a LOT of shots of, since the smoke is so dynamic, you're bound to get a bunch of good ones of her with stupid smoke, and a bunch of great looking smoke with her looking like a dork, and, if you're lucky, one where it all flows together.

The other two don't do much for me.

#1 and #3 I find the most appealing to my eyes.

#1 The eyebrows look too dark for a B&W

#2 I don't really like the smoke thats getting blown out of her mouth, the smoke doesn't seem strong enough to be included (refer to #1 to get what I'm saying)

Its all about character! The backwards hat does give off a rebel persona, but it sorta distracts me from her face. In addition It seems she has pretty hair, and it would have been nice to show case it.

Overall #1 and #3 are good! I like the composure for both; very stylish. The smoke in #1 looks really cool, and #2 gives off some interesting colors.

#4 hahaha

Did this man just say that trees are more cliche then Railroad track?

Last edited by a moderator:
She ain't got no pants!

I quite like #2, actually.

Sure it's attitude that's out of place, but that's kind of the whole idea here. I read her as someone who's trying stuff on. She's trying a look on, she's trying an attitude on. She appears to be at an age where she's struggling to work out who she is, and it's ok that she looks a bit bolted together out of spare parts. Not, of course, HER, she's quite lovely, but her look. She looks like someone who's a bit of this and a bit of that and trying to make sense out of it.

The railroad track cliche lightens up a bit when you realize they're the tracks of a kiddie train.

#1 is potentially OK, but as noted the blacks are all flat and nasty. Her eyebrows (while obviously painted on) look like they were painted on in photoshop, and very very badly, since there's no texture left in them. The composition's pretty strong, but I think over-processed and possibly fatally underexposed. The smoke is a little whisped out and fragmented, as well. This sort of thing is worth taking a LOT of shots of, since the smoke is so dynamic, you're bound to get a bunch of good ones of her with stupid smoke, and a bunch of great looking smoke with her looking like a dork, and, if you're lucky, one where it all flows together.

The other two don't do much for me.

As usual... Thoughtful remarks. :thumbup:

Really loving #1 & #3

They have a nice contrast to them, they are subtley edited and girl got SWAG.

I'm not really a fan of #2, but I do like the lighting in that photo, just don't think the photo does the model any justice.

I would suggest that #1 would like better if it was composed a little different. To me, it looks like you cropped it to get a tighter image (i may be wrong) but, I think we need to see more of girl, I would of finished the frame below her elbow, as apposed to cutting it off.

Good work though buddy, keep it up.

Is she smoking a home rolled Cigarette or some cannabis.:headbang:I like the pix.

#4 hahaha

Did this man just say that trees are more cliche then Railroad track?

Well since it's a tram line and not a railroad track then I would say its less cliché, as I've never seen them in a photo.
And if you're going to call someone a tool, make sure your grammar is on point. What is an A-Tool? Is it a remake of A-Team or something.
Tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back