3 for 1 Challenge- Post Photos Here

Okay, I did it. I had to substitute the K7 for the SX-70, but I here is the same shot in three instant forms. To keep it "fair," since I generally only take one shot when I'm using instant film, I took only one shot when using the digital as well. The only thing I did to that shot was to straighten it a tad.

In chronological order: the Land Camera 100: This one has a lot more detail in the shadow in the actual print, fwiw.

Bench.jpg

Fujifilm Instax (Wide format)

Bench.jpg

Pentax K7, sooc: (it felt lonely without borders like the other two, so I added some and shrunk it to match the same size and quality as the other two.)
rBench w borders.jpg

@limr

Really cool to see those all in a row. I know less than nothing about film!

@limr

Really cool to see those all in a row. I know less than nothing about film!

The crappy scans of the prints really don't do them justice - for example, both are warmer than they appear to me on the screen. The highlights aren't quite blown, the shadows aren't so devoid of detail, and the colors are much richer. Maybe I'll try taking pictures of them with the K7 instead of running them through the scanner. But yeah, I love seeing how emulsions and cameras can render a scene totally differently from each other.

Most reactions

Back