<3 (Jon's emotional thread)

Verbal said:
Perhaps, but the thing is... I have so much other drama going on in my life that I really don't want, and can't handle, anymore. Because of me being a Christian I'm not allowed to mess up like anyone else, so when I slip up every member of the board jumps all over my back... I can't really take it right now. =\ There's no point in sticking around where I'm not wanted, and they're a bad influence on me anyway. So it's goodbye to them, hello TPF! :D

Oh my goodness!!

That was supposed to say right thing. I was thinknig about something else when I typed that!

Sorry. Ignore me from now on.

Verbal said:
Perhaps, but the thing is... I have so much other drama going on in my life that I really don't want, and can't handle, anymore. Because of me being a Christian I'm not allowed to mess up like anyone else, so when I slip up every member of the board jumps all over my back... I can't really take it right now. =\ There's no point in sticking around where I'm not wanted, and they're a bad influence on me anyway. So it's goodbye to them, hello TPF! :D
I disagree with Daniel...I think you did the right thing. Sometimes you have to think of yourself, and not let others drag you down, and that is what happens in situations like that...at least in my experience.

We'll gladly accept you for you here at TPF. It's one of the things I love about this place. The only people who can't make it around here are trolls, and we've even converted a few of those into productive members. :D

And if you ever need to vent or just talk..we're all here...many times I wasn't brave enough to post it out on the forum, so I've confided in people via PM. I've been helped a lot here, and I'm sure you will be too. :hug::

Verbal said:
yes! i think it's always best to steer clear of any negative influence!

Drinking and smoking? I've done both to excess in the past but I do neither now.
We do what our conscience and beliefs dictate. If people have a problem with that then it is their problem.
For myself I am an atheist but if people wish to have a Religion then I do not have a problem with that, nor will I mock them or think less of them. I only get upset if they try to force their views on me.
TPF is the place it is because we believe in tolerance and understanding. And we know that if we were all the same it would be a boring old World.

And we know that if we were all the same it would be a boring old World.

Van, you sound like my father. We lost him when I was 24, now over half my life ago. I remember many of his little "Stuedle Proverbs". "If everybody were just alike, the world would be a d@mn boring place to live" was just one of many. He was a simple man, but in my eyes a great man and a great influence on me.

Jon, follow your heart. I have similar beliefs to you, and we can discuss that off line. Morals are something we develope and determine independant of faith. Right is right and wrong is, well you know. Just follow your heart and do what you know is right. And like I said before, don't let 'em get you down!

jstuedle said:
Jon, follow your heart. I have similar beliefs to you, and we can discuss that off line. Morals are something we develope and determine independant of faith. Right is right and wrong is, well you know. Just follow your heart and do what you know is right. And like I said before, don't let 'em get you down!

What he said. :D

you know, verbal... for one, let me say, i have always thought you had a great sense of humor..and you have cracked me up often...i have enjoyed you so much, and i think you add wonderful flavor to tpf....

for two, although it makes me mad that anyone, and i mean ANYONE thinks they can tell you what to be... how to be... why to be...that has always bothered me, and i catch crap like that too, but as i get older, i realize, you really only have the time for just a few really good friends...the kinda friends that walk in when the rest of the world walks out....if you have just one of that kind of friend....your not only blessed, but thats all you need.....just one... if you have more than that...your really golden....

anyone who can hurt you, or tries to hurt you, is not anyone you need around you anyway... i have found that these people here on the forum are some of the kindest and tenderhearted people...just wait... you can see by the replies how people here are...

we love you...all of us here are like a family...( i'm thinking i am the black sheep...or the step child here in the family...maybe the family member you keep locked in the closet...!!! ) dont let them get to you....you dont need them...k.?

"this too shall pass"............. :confused:

probably like a kidney stone..but it will pass....
:er:

Yea, what she said. (I love it April, yea, it'll pass. OUCH!)

You want 'ta talk Jon, just PM or email me, we'll get through it.

I'm really glad you've found a place that allows you to be comfortable. TPF is an interesting mix of people, and for such a diverse group I am often amazed at the compassion and friendships that develop. Keep being you and you won't be disappointed :D

i realize, you really only have the time for just a few really good friends...the kinda friends that walk in when the rest of the world walks out....if you have just one of that kind of friend....your not only blessed, but thats all you need.....just one... if you have more than that...your really golden....

I don't mean to harp on the obvious, but I have a little story to tell. In 1990 I went into total kidney failure. I was fortunate enough to have a cadaver kidney transplant in April 1992. I had a hard time for a while, being hospitalized for 3 1/2 weeks. I returned home for 10 days and had a bad bout with an infection of the CMV virus. I spent another 3 weeks hospitalized. During those two stays in intensive care, my wife was told on three separate occasions to get my "affairs in order". While I was there, I had times of severe depression. I thought I had a lot of friends. Only one fellow I worked with and his wife came to visit me, other than family. That reminded me of something my father used to say. Your friends you can choose, your family your are stuck with. Choose your friends wisely. Your real true friends, as April said will be the ones that run in. I saw too many of who I thought were friends run back out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back