3 second drive - Critque

paulocon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
3 second exposure of the Boyne Cable Bridge in Ireland.

Let me know what you think..

268109264_8ed7c861ed_b.jpg

I made the picture visible in the thread so people don't have to access it through clicking the link, ok? Gives you a better response!

Oh, and welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D

This is a nice long exposure, though you could have chosen an even smaller aperture and longer exposure so the light trails would have been longer, covering the length of the lanes, for example.

I really light the light blue of the bridge against the orange of the street lights!!!

What made the bridge construction SEE-THROUGH, though, I wonder all the time :scratch: !?!?!?!

Hi,

Thanks for that. Must figure out how to make images appear in my posts..

I have some more longer exposures but I liked the fact that you can actually visualise the 3 seconds here - it's captured 3 seconds of someone's daily commute so to speak.

The see-through part of the bridge is actually a series of cables - it's the Boyne Cable Bridge in Ireland.

You can see the cables better in

photo_zoom.gne

Regards,
Paul

Ah. Cables!
Sure!
They explain it.
I do like that other photo very, very, very much!!! (The one you are referring to in your reply post).
The last time I went from Belfast to Dublin on the motorway (a motorway, don't even remember how far it went) was in 1990. That bridge was not around at the time, now was it?

LaFoto,

Definitely no motorway in 1990 - there would have been the 'main' Dublin to Belfast road which took you through a lot of towns (Dundalk, Drogheda, Balbriggan)...

The M1 motorway is still relatively new and is seen as something of a sign of the recent prospetity in Ireland. The Bridge is open probably 5 years now (you can just about see the top of it from my house!).

Paul

Oh sure, the names of those towns ring a bell ... we went along there and the journey was long (more so since we took a wrong turn while we were still in the North and could not turn back for miles and miles and miles since there was no exit after the wrong turn for about 16 or even 22 miles ... it was an endless going the wrong way west and my husband was getting quite a bit ... erm ... mad, since I - so he claimed - had SAID: "Take that way", :roll: )

OK, just rambling... ;)

Most reactions

Back