3 Urban nighttime shots.

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
IMG_6113.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

These are the kind of pictures I aspire to take. Being in Alabama though, its hard to find such scenery. Beautiful shots.

All 3 are really nice images IMO. Love the tones and exposures in all 3. Nice work!

Cool shots, I like them a lot. Especially number one, I love the way the shadows look on the bridge.

Shadows on the bridge, the blue and white contrasting...great stuff.

These are the kind of pictures I aspire to take. Being in Alabama though, its hard to find such scenery. Beautiful shots.
If you wanna risk your life you could probably find some good shots at the I-65/I-59 junction...or where HWY-31 ramps onto I-59 south at the BJCC.

I like number 2 a lot. Did you adjust the colors cause i cant see all the lights being that blue.

If you wanna risk your life you could probably find some good shots at the I-65/I-59 junction...or where HWY-31 ramps onto I-59 south at the BJCC.

i wanna hang around to take a few decent pictures. lol. Im taking a trip to atlanta this weekend, but i dont have a tripod yet (its in the mail) so night shots are going to be hit or miss. Anyone know of any good things for beginners to read on taking long exposure night shots?

yeah, I played with the colors on those to give each one a different motiff..

the normal color space was kinda boring... all yellow ...

I have to warn you be very careful about pulling over on the shoulder of the freeway and pulling out your tripod. truckers will call your butt in on terrorism call in a heartbeat.

I had it happen last night, I was in longbeach port, and pulled over got a quick shot in less than 1 minute I was gone, and allready I saw a black helicopter following me. I just parked inside a large bridge with many connectors for about 2 mintues, and then took off in the opposite direction, I was lucky, but scared I didnt want to get my camera confiscated or anything like that.

be smarter than I, just find a spot with public property, or, rig a pod inside your car that you can just roll down the window and shoot with a angle finder... I doubt that is as illegal as getting out... you can get a small ticket for parking on the shoulder, i think its like 50 bucks.

BUT for getting out and shooting, might be reckless abandonment and tresspassing combined with illegal parking... I was just lucky...

just out of curiosity, what kind of exposure times were these pics taken at?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back