3 year old Princess-themed. C&C please!!

msgbmd2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My niece turned 3 and we did some princess/fairy themed photos for her mom. Your C&C is appreciated!!

1. $Evelyse_Princess-1-33.jpg
2. $Evelyse_Princess-1-4.jpg
3. $Evelyse_Princess-1-15.jpg

C&C per req:

Overall, not a bad set. I think some fill flash to bring a little life to the eyes would have helped all of them, as she seems to squnit a lot and have naturally dark eyes. They all appear just a little under-exposed, and I think #2 could use a slight crop off the LH side to bring her just a bit off centre.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Cute! Flash would have helped immensely! I find the hair a bit odd.. but hey what do I know about little girls!

C&C per req:

Overall, not a bad set. I think some fill flash to bring a little life to the eyes would have helped all of them, as she seems to squnit a lot and have naturally dark eyes. They all appear just a little under-exposed, and I think #2 could use a slight crop off the LH side to bring her just a bit off centre.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thank you so much for your C&C!!! I'll see if I can do a little work in LR to brighten up her eyes and adjust the exposure.

Cute! Flash would have helped immensely! I find the hair a bit odd.. but hey what do I know about little girls!

Thank you! I was having problems with my speedlite... I took a photo and it turned out almost white. I adjusted the output power and still the same thing. Switched my camera to auto... same thing. Neither she or I had the patience to figure out what was going on! That's a whole other thread though. But I agree with the hair - she has beautiful natural curls. She showed up to me with a lot of products in her hair so not much I could do about that. But either way - I appreciate your input!!

They are totally OOF and that needs to be cleared up before we trot in the 'fill flash' mantra..
Do not shoot at 1.8, the depth of field is virtually nil and the lens is at its worst
You shot at f 1.8 and 1/1600, stop down to f5.8 or f6, get the lens in its best and the depth of field that will make up for errors in focusing.

Evelyse_llll.jpg~original

Most reactions

New Topics

Back