30 minutes of shooting in Boston...GO!

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
I was visiting some friends up in Boston, and had about half an hour of shooting while they had rehearsal at the New England Conservatory. Here was the result:

1. Don't turn left.

2. "The 70s" the Church of Christian Science sure had a lot of money back in the 70s!

3. "Zoom Zoom" Don't you love it when a random commercial photo op pops up? (Updated)

love the effects on the first. burn? multiply? do tell :p

It was shot through tinted glass, so even though it was still light out, I needed a fairly long shutter speed (1.3" I believe) with a wide open aperture, creating the glowing lights and trails. In Lightroom, I did some contrast work, and more curves in PS. Sharpened, and that's it!

Thanks a ton :)

I almost with the shutterspeed on the first was longer to make those light trails longer. I like the colors and contrast in it. The 2nd is cool.. i think i'd crop it into a square shape and get rid of that big empty block on the left, have the globes go from corner to corner. Nice b/w contrast though, I like that. 3rd is a nice shot, but personally doesn't do much for me.

I really like the first shot! Great composition and the way the traffic signals are lit up with the streaking car lights... top notch!

The colour in that first shot just jumps right out, havent seen that style of shot quite so awesome before!

I love the composition of the first one...for some reason the upside down "ONLY"s really grab my eyes attention. The effect with colours/lighting you have achieved is also really cool.

I also really like the second one, I'm a big fan of photos like that, with a line of the same object leading the eye away.

Yep, another voice saying that first shot really kicks butt. So sharp, and I like the light trails.

1st one is the kind of shot I keep trying to take but I always ends up with some rubbish, unlike yours!

2nd one is also great

not sure about the 3rd one as its just a car and not an Otter :lol:

Most reactions

Back