30D white balance issues

lkWinnipesaukee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a 30D. On my old XT, I could pretty much leave it on AWB and be more or less all set for whatever lighting. But now, I am finding that whenever I take a picture in incandescent lighting (and even a little bit in fluorescent), all my photos come out with a yellow tint.Any ideas why this is happening, and how to fix it?

Thanks

Any ideas why this is happening, and how to fix it?
Thanks

You are letting the camera decide things for you, and it's not as smart as you might think. Set the white balance manually, or for best results (best in more than just white balance) shoot RAW.

AWB is a horrible guess at best and a crying shame at worst. If you want consistently neutral results you only have the option of using a grey card to calibrate to before you shoot, or shoot in RAW and adjust in post.

At least yours a yellow. The Nikon D200 favours the purples in AWB.

I guess I'll start shooting with the other WB settings today and let you guys know how it goes.

The thing that bugs me is my XT figured out WB on AWB almost perfectly... Oh well.

Most of my photos are for a BW school paper or Facebook, so I guess it's alright, but it still bugs me. And when I'm shooting for absolute quality, I do shoot RAW.

What I do is take a shot of a 80% white piece of paper, which is the one I used on my video cameras to do the white balance, then I put the camera on custom white balance and select the shot of the paper as my reference and that's it, after that you get real nice colors. hope that helps!

Most reactions

Back