30D

The buffer will only hold 9 shots RAW @ 5/FPS,

What are you shooting that takes more than 9 frames to capture properly in RAW?

I shoot horse speed events and have never needed more than 4 at a time.

I have, just for the heck of it, shot 10 raw frames in a burst, consistantly just to try it out.

Thanks for the correction to my original post.

What are you shooting that takes more than 9 frames to capture properly in RAW?

Sporting events. It's not usually that I need more than 9 frames at a time, but within another second I might need another 9 shots and so on..... It just doesn't empty the buffer quick enough to keep on going like that. Whereas with JPEG it obviously does because of the smaller size.

I also shoot surfing, and I most definately need more than 2 seconds of time to capture shots. I have found it to be one of the hardest things to shoot, and always shoot a TON of pics when shooting it. Not to mention that they are within good view for WAY more than 2 seconds! :)

It's not a huge deal though, I don't shoot sports that much, just for friends or family. ;)

not sure if the 30D supports 8gig cards

I personally would buy smaller cards, like 2gig cards. As the old adage says, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

two gig would be too small for me... at least at my filesize that is about 100 images or so ... that would mean too much card swapping...

Calumet Photo has a sale until 8/2 on the 2gb Sandisk II. Buy one get one free for $34.99.

Costco is also having an instant rebate on the 2gb Sandisk II for $19.99 until 8/21.

~ junray ~

Calumet now has 2 gig cards 2/$35. I prefer more small cards as opposed to one or two big cards also. Good protection against failure.

I personally would buy smaller cards, like 2gig cards. As the old adage says, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I totally agree. The largest I use is a 2 Gig card and often use a 1 Gig...Keeps me more vigilant in my quantity of shots per change.:)

I shoot dirt track races. when I see an accident beginning to happen, FPS and card speed become critical.

For weddings, I can't imagine losing 4 or 8 gigs of images. However, if you're shooting Raw + Jpeg, 4 gigs may barely be enough, even with multiple cards...

If you were considering 1 8GB, I'd say go with 2-3 4GB.

I just bought 4, 2 gigs.

I have had such a hard time making a decision on this ha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back