350D vs 450D

laam999

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
to keep this short, I have been given the oppertunity to sellmy 350D, with the kit lens, battery grip, 3 batterys, 9gb worth of CF and an angle finder, for the price of a brand new 450D with all the same accessories, I am just wondering if the image quality of the 450D is equal to or greater then the 350D and if the ISO prefomance is improved, I have read loads of reviews but I would like the advice of you guys because I value your oppinions. Please let me know if you have experience with both these cam's and what your final verdict is and why.

The only down side I can find right now is the lack of LCD screen which I love. Advice please.

Also I cannot afford to spend a little extraand get a 40D or such like. it is 350D, 400D or 450D (or 1000D). I was looking as the 450 since it is the newest of the heard.

Thanks all

Liam

PS I may not respond much as I am currently in Rio in Brazil and internet for me is limited since I am always charged.

Thanks.

PSS - the only thing I DON'T like about my 350D is the kit lens and the poor high ISO preformance.

thanks again

I haven't used XSI but I have used XTI a few times and I loved it. The high ISO performance is rather poor but you can still use up to like ISO 800. The XSI should be at least equal or better when it comes to ISO performance and image quality. Of course I doubt the kit lens that comes with XSI is whole a lot better than yours but at least it got image stabilizer. I would definitely switch to XSI because it got a better image sensor, intergrated sensor cleaning system, 3 inch main LCD, better AF etc etc
Newer is ALMOST always better :D

If you are talking about the difference between BEFORE and AFTER is just the camera body. Everything stay the same..... I do not see why not.

And if you are going to get rid of the kit lens that shipped with the 350D and replace it with the kit lens that shipped with 450D, that is another PLUS as the optical quality of the newer kit lens is better.

Just to let you know I meant sell my 350D with all them accessories and then buy a 450D with all the same accessories but for the 450D.

I have decided to sell my 350D for this, I think that live view will be very useful for letting my friends use the cam and the larger brighter viewfinder and the better AF is a great bonus too. I have read that the camera produces equal if not greater IQ and the IS of the new lens would be very useful.

please leave any more advice you may have as this won't be happening till mid Jan.

-laam-

The new 18-55mm is lens are very sharp, not just for it's price, it can compete with more expensive standard zoom lens. As forthe body itself, it might not be a huge jump, but certainly will be an improvement.

Most reactions

Back