35mm f1.8 Question

brian_f2.8

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got the new 35mm f1.8 and I am unhappy. When I try to focus the camera the focus rings feels gritty. Its weird I can also rotate the focus ring in circles either way. Im thinking I got the one manufactured defected lens. Anyone have a thought? Its also very loud for autofocusing, the SWM isnt very accurate.

Bring it back to the store you bought it from and see if they have another sample you can compare it with.

Im going to over the weekend. I bought it through work and they got it from amazon. Its all under warranty so Im not worried if this is the way the lens is suppose to work.

Its weird I can also rotate the focus ring in circles either way.
See page 13 of the 35 mm f/1.8 user's manual. That's the manual focus override feature. There is no stop for the focus ring so users can't slam the focus mechanism up against the stops at either end of it's travel.

Its weird I can also rotate the focus ring in circles either way.
See page 13 of the 35 mm f/1.8 user's manual. That's the manual focus override feature. There is no stop for the focus ring so users can't slam the focus mechanism up against the stops at either end of it's travel.
Yup, no hard stop infinity on the 35mm f1.8g.

wow, never knew that. my fault for not reading the manual. thanks everyone. i used it tonight for some night shots - had a blast, cant wait to use it more.

Most reactions

Back