ASCSurveyor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Almost reached 40,000 miles on my bike, which is just shy of 3 years old. She's my baby, and my life, since I'm single. :D I managed to get off work early today, and still had plenty of daylight to shoot some close-ups and such while I was doing some much-needed maintenance.

Please critique.

SV40K01-03.jpg

SV40K01-05.jpg

SV40K01-07.jpg

SV40K01-09.jpg

SV40K01-15.jpg

One from the other day, after a journey through the woods.

IMG_6768.jpg

Any feedback is good feedback. :thumbup:

I saw the number and immediately thought it was about how many posts you had... :)

Great shots too!

Far from it... 24 posts now. Far from my count on SVRider. :D

Lol, I doubt you'll ever get as many TPF posts as miles you have on your bike!

Cool stuff, I hope to get a bike when I'm old enough. Hope you find a girlfriend too! (unless you prefer making out to your bike, eew lol)

Nice shots of those Pilots. I have those on my bike, nice tires.

That's a lot of miles on a bike in just 3 years. Ride on dude.

Know anyone selling an SV650 around the area? (Sorry for the off-topic.) Starting to look for one to pick up in a few months...

Know anyone selling an SV650 around the area? (Sorry for the off-topic.) Starting to look for one to pick up in a few months...

Not to my knowledge. Head over to SVR and look in the HR thread. Or browse Craiglist. People are always trying to off them because they think they need a bigger bike. LOL

Cool shots, great topic, but you need to lean that sucka over some more and melt some rubber up on the edge of that thing! :thumbup:

Cool shots, great topic, but you need to lean that sucka over some more and melt some rubber up on the edge of that thing! :thumbup:

Like this?

Left.jpg

Or this?

129Photo05.jpg

Or more recently this?

Rally20107.jpg

That's as far as I dare go on the street. IMO, pushing any further is risking too much. I still want to be around to have people judge me. ;) Besides, the SV got me through 67,000+ happy miles in 4 years. I'm not one to brag about mileage, but that seems to be more than average. :)

Like this?

Left.jpg

Or this?

129Photo05.jpg

Or more recently this?

Rally20107.jpg

That's as far as I dare go on the street. IMO, pushing any further is risking too much. I still want to be around to have people judge me. ;) Besides, the SV got me through 67,000+ happy miles in 4 years. I'm not one to brag about mileage, but that seems to be more than average. :)

Yeah, that's cute. But I was thinking more like this... :p

sticky.jpg

Your picts are showing about half of the lean angle you can do on that bike. Get some heat in those tires and you can literally lean it over and scrape your toes (or pegs) on the ground. You've got those pucks on and hanging your knee out there; hang yer butt off that seat and wrap around that corner! Own that biatch! :lol:

Seriously, I'm not saying you should do that, but if you ever find yourself in a 'situation' where you have to turn or crash, don't ever think you can't lean further and turn sharper. What's the worst that will happen? :thumbup:

Wait... my bike can lean? I had no idea. :p

I know the bike can lean more. On the track, I'm more than willing to push it to that point. On a public road with the possibility of gravel and bad drivers, I'm not willing to take that chance. Call me a poor rider, call me spineless, and tell me my "chicken strips" are too wide. But I've been riding long enough to realize that on the street, you need a margin of error that's not required on the track.

There's "bragging", and then there's "stupid". :thumbup:

40K is decent for 3 years. First bike? I've been riding my old girl for 20 years now, she's got something like 115K on her clock and ticking strong. :thumbup:

40K is decent for 3 years. First bike? I've been riding my old girl for 20 years now, she's got something like 115K on her clock and ticking strong. :thumbup:

Second bike.

First was an '83 Suzuki GS650L.

The Duc is the third. She'll be 3 in September. Runs like a top at 17k+ I only ride it on weekends and Fridays (or today... since it's supposed to rain on Friday).

I'm hoping there's a KLR in my future, so that I can find out what it's like to outrun a camel.

Most reactions

Back