3rd Party Speedlight Options Compatible with Nikon Commander Mode

JoeW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm shooting with a Nikon D7000. I've got a SB600. I've got a couple of YN-460's. I really like the ability of the D7000's commander mode to control off-camera speed lights. So far I've just used the YN's as slaves (triggered by the SB600). But I want the ability to talk to multiple speed lights and/or not have to rely on the 2nd/3rd/4th lights to be slaves.

What 3rd party recommendations does anyone have for speed lights that will work with the Nikon commander mode? I know I could get triggers and play with those. And I know I could get other Nikon speed lights (another SB600 or 700 or 900). But what 3rd party options do I have that will communicate with the Nikon Commander mode if we're not talking slaves?

I'm shooting with a Nikon D7000. I've got a SB600. I've got a couple of YN-460's. I really like the ability of the D7000's commander mode to control off-camera speed lights. So far I've just used the YN's as slaves (triggered by the SB600). But I want the ability to talk to multiple speed lights and/or not have to rely on the 2nd/3rd/4th lights to be slaves.

What 3rd party recommendations does anyone have for speed lights that will work with the Nikon commander mode? I know I could get triggers and play with those. And I know I could get other Nikon speed lights (another SB600 or 700 or 900). But what 3rd party options do I have that will communicate with the Nikon Commander mode if we're not talking slaves?

See Review of the Yongnuo YN565EX Speedlight for a commander compatible unit, more powerful and far less expensive than a SB-700.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back