4:3 ratio???

ok, if im not mistaken, the 35mm camera was "invented" to shoot single frames of film, so that when motion cameras (that prevelently used 35mm fiml) film was developed, they could test the frames taken with a "still" camera, and determine development times from that, 35mm caught on, and since thats what peopel were used to, when dslrs came out, manufacturers just kept the same asp. ratio

Protean said:
ok, if im not mistaken, the 35mm camera was "invented" to shoot single frames of film, so that when motion cameras (that prevelently used 35mm fiml) film was developed, they could test the frames taken with a "still" camera, and determine development times from that, 35mm caught on, and since thats what peopel were used to, when dslrs came out, manufacturers just kept the same asp. ratio

35mm and DSLRs are 2:3, not 4:3.

My point is that we are talking about digital cameras with a 4:3 ratio, which is the same as TV and computer monitor resolutions. 35mm negatives and DSLRs are a 2:3 ratio.

It's no coincidence that digital photographs fit perfectly on a standard computer screen when viewed at full screen. Personally though, I think I prefer the dimensions of 35mm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back