4 Cousins (one a Newborn) - HHCC Welcome

Nmink100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a recent session of 4 cousins(3 girls and a boy) that I did for an anniversary gift for the grandparents. The baby was only 3 weeks old so I couldn't resist trying out some newborn shots of her. I shot this at my mother's house which was nearby to where they were staying. She has a wonderful backyard and front garden area. Would love some feedback!

LD_019copy.jpg

LD_115copy.jpg

LD_067bwcopy.jpg

LD_154copy.jpg

LD_134copy.jpg

LD_188copy.jpg

LD_143copy.jpg

LD_070bwvcopy.jpg

LD_253copy.jpg

LD_262copy.jpg

Very sweet I love the last one! They're all adorable though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Mindy what do you mean? The pictures are still there...

In my honest opinion, I think the first, fourth, and sixth photos are a little over contrasty. I guess heavily contrasted photos are a bit of a pet peeve of mine, but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. #7 is high in contrast, but I think that it works much better in that image. Contrast becomes a problem when whites become blown out (in the first photo, the child furthest on the left), and colors become unnaturally bold at the same time. (in #4, the girls' shirts compared to the color of the plants). Have you tried over-exposing to get a similar effect?

This is more of matter of my own personal taste though, but I thought I would throw it out there. :)

Hi "onedayillknowbetter" thank you for your critique. That is just what I was looking for. I need good 'ol hard hat criticism! So I see what you're saying about the contrast. I am going to work on that. Whites are very tricky but I will definitely keep my eye on it from now on! Thank you!!

Beautiful kids! You did a great job capturing them Natalie. My favorites are #1, #2, and #4. The only one Im not too fond of is #5 because of the wide angle. It tends to give them big legs and feet syndrome.

Overall, love the series. Nice work!

I am absolutely in love with #'s 3,8,10. The emotion they show is absolutely fantastic. I really enjoy the little girl kissing the baby, how cute!

I have to agree on #1,2 they are alittle bright and hard to look at, so if you could make the colors a tad darker, they would be fantastic photos.
Great job.

Hi NJMan
Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I agree with what you said.

Big Bully I agree also with the contrast in 1 and 2. When I edited those my screen was not properly calibrated. It was dark. Every once in a while my screen goes into a tad of a darker mode than usual. I just hit default in my advanced settings and it goes back to normal and that is when I saw the contrast to be on the heavy side. I've already fixed them!

I have so many more from this session....should I post them?

Yes that would be great.. The kids are adorable!

Photo 2 is such a good, good, good photo! The breezy brightness of innocent childhood, traces of beauty to come when this girls will become a woman to be seen already, lovely eyes, intense communication with the viewer. Perfect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back