4 From the Beach on the Weekend, C&C Welcome.

WOW. I have never successfully created any HDR shots...I am from the Ann Arbor area of Michigan and I have yet to find a spot where HDR could be possible. The shot are absolutely amazing. The texture you captured on #4 is incredible with the rocks. And the skies in all of them are at the very least amazing. AWESOME!

like them al i would have to say though that #1 is my fav but #3 is in a really close second

i like them, but they all seem to dark, 3 looks overdone

and howcome all the clouds look like they're moving real fast?

Yeah it has been mentioned a few times. I am intrigued as to what it is...

just went back and saw the fisherman in 4 for the first time lol

i think they are good shots, however no one has mentioned the horrible red spot in the bottom right corner of #3.. easily cropped out

I mentioned it!

(Although I'd still like an answer to my assumption about tone mapping, if anyone cares to explain.)

Tone mapping, mapping the colors to provide a higher range of definition, hence the title "HDR". I saved exposures separately, then tone mapped them into each other, using Photomatix. That's one way to achieve HDR.

Just want to add a note.

Since you only capture one exposure, even if you adjust your exposure settings on your RAW file, the total dynamic range still cannot be more than the dynamic range captured by your camera. Technically, I would not say it is a high dynamic range.

Just want to add a note.

Since you only capture one exposure, even if you adjust your exposure settings on your RAW file, the total dynamic range still cannot be more than the dynamic range captured by your camera. Technically, I would not say it is a high dynamic range.

Thank you. I wanted to say this but was intimidated by my "noob" status ;).

Tonemapped but the blue hue to all the pictures are fantastic, expeically #1.

Great job. Next time, shoot more than one shot. You might like the results better

~Michael~

WOW. I have never successfully created any HDR shots...I am from the Ann Arbor area of Michigan and I have yet to find a spot where HDR could be possible. The shot are absolutely amazing. The texture you captured on #4 is incredible with the rocks. And the skies in all of them are at the very least amazing. AWESOME!

Small World! When you find that Spot... Let me know! :lol:

Most reactions

Back