4 New HDR's. Would love some C+C on Them!

Lumpmister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4440040782_8fde99eccd_b.jpg

4439248741_282ac5cc1b_b.jpg

4439248867_aaec62c40c_b.jpg

4435070040_1cbb898921_b.jpg

I know the last image is dark and tough to see on most monitors. :p

Thanks!

Daniel Sorensen
Buller Creations

They all look like standard shots to me

Their all good composited shots but I think the best thing to do is to stay away from hdr's now a days... People are over doing them and mistreating them so when you see them your just not as impressed as you used to be you know? Imo I think normal pictures hold more value to them. ;)

^^ very true BUT I feel HDR whether if its overdone or not...as long as it can express the photographers feelings and the photo means something is okay in my book

^^ very true BUT I feel HDR whether if its overdone or not...as long as it can express the photographers feelings and the photo means something is okay in my book

no arguments here! :clap:

I guess ive just seen to many hdr's in my time.lol

HDR is a tool. Personally, although this is a fairly new hobby of mine, I feel that calling a shot an "HDR shot" is no different than calling it a "Digital camera shot" or a "flash shot" or a "5.6 aperture shot". It doesn't need to have a separate class as it can integrate seemlessly into any other collection of shots. Now, having said that, there are un-realistically processed shots.... whether that be HDR, levels, saturation, whatever.... but HDR, when used as intended, should appear no differently than any other properly exposed and naturally processed shot, in my humble opinion.

The only one of these that I like is #3, but it seems underexposed, at least from where I'm sitting. It's got nice reflections and light.

I'd like to see a full DOF on #1... the interest in the red squiggle is quickly fleeting and my eyes are drawn to the end of the tunnel which unfortunately is out of focus.

#2... my interest is on what is written, but it's too small for me to read. The color difference between foreground and background is strange.

#4 just looks severely underexposed with a properly exposed and oversaturated weed.

HDR is a tool. Personally, although this is a fairly new hobby of mine, I feel that calling a shot an "HDR shot" is no different than calling it a "Digital camera shot" or a "flash shot" or a "5.6 aperture shot"

Actually.... you could call it either of those but the only diff. is that HDR has to use those elements. for instance #3 hdr has to use an aperture and of course if its not film it will be a digital shot.... but not every photo you take has to be an HDR. So yes... it is very different then calling it a 5.6 shot or a flash shot. :popcorn:

AaramSafai said:
I guess ive just seen to many hdr's in my time.lol

Thats a silly thing to say. Its like saying you've seen too many photos. Maybe too many bad or over done HDR's, but HDR certainly improves a normal everyday shot nine times out of 10. Now that the novelty of HDR is over and everyone knows about it, perhaps we should just drop the moniker and call them photos. As for those pics posted here. I wouldnt call them HDR, or at least good HDR.

HDR is a tool. Personally, although this is a fairly new hobby of mine, I feel that calling a shot an "HDR shot" is no different than calling it a "Digital camera shot" or a "flash shot" or a "5.6 aperture shot"

Actually.... you could call it either of those but the only diff. is that HDR has to use those elements. for instance #3 hdr has to use an aperture and of course if its not film it will be a digital shot.... but not every photo you take has to be an HDR. So yes... it is very different then calling it a 5.6 shot or a flash shot. :popcorn:

Ok, you got me on the aperture... but certainly not the flash. I have yet to use the flash on my camera (or an OCF at that), but have attempted HDR once (failed miserably). I hope you see my point though.

The fourth one is the one I like the best. Grand shots. Where were the shots taken at? Kinda looks like a stream in Pearl city.

Most reactions

Back