40D 3200 ISO

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a public thanks to the 40D's 3200 ISO handling. Apparently it's not as good as the D300's ISO handling, but the 40D DOES have a usable 3200.

Saturday at the races, I switched to 3200 ISO for most of the night, to see if I could live with the IQ sacrifice for a faster shutter. YES. Now, take into consideration that most of the drivers don't buy bigger than an 8x10. In fact, most buy 4x6's and 5x7's. The following photo was taken at 3200 ISO, NO in camera NR, and no PPing. Anyway, when browsing the photos in full-screen, I was looking for the start of grainy pictures (looking for when I switched from 800 to 3200) and couldn't find it...had to rely on EXIF to tell me which ones were 3200.

Obviously, close inspection at 100% crop will give it away, but nonetheless, I am impressed :)

3_IMG_5300_Apr19.jpg

Good stuff. And some say that the 40D isn't too good in low light/high ISO....
pfff!:)

Good stuff. And some say that the 40D isn't too good in low light/high ISO....
pfff!:)

Usually the same people who will blow up their photo to 100% and count the noisy pixels before looking at the photo to see if it's good in the first place.

Usually the same people who will blow up their photo to 100% and count the noisy pixels before looking at the photo to see if it's good in the first place.

:lmao: True, true.

Most reactions

Back