40D Camera Lens

aweb108

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey..im a noob to this stuff..so what would be a good lens for shooting things close up that is fully compatible with my Canon 40D..what else would you recommend for basic shooting..i currently have a 28-135 ultrasonic with IS..what else is good..thanks in advance

For close-ups you'll want to learn more about Macro lenses, they magnify and also allow you to focus at very short distances. The other key component which is also one that makes the cost of a lens go up is the largest aperture setting available, this is the F number, google depth of field and you'll get the hang of it. Lastly your 40D is compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses.

I use a Tamron 24-75 f/2.8 Macro and I love it.

is this fully compatible with my camera...does it give full view? what camera do you use

For close-ups you'll want to learn more about Macro lenses, they magnify and also allow you to focus at very short distances. The other key component which is also one that makes the cost of a lens go up is the largest aperture setting available, this is the F number, google depth of field and you'll get the hang of it. Lastly your 40D is compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses.

thats for the info..whats the difference between the EF and EF-s and do you know any good lenses that are compatible?

what about the attachments and extender they have..are those any good..which would you suggest

I've been thinking about getting the Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens, you could look into that one. Just go to google and search for reviews and specs for it, it's simple and you can learn alot. And yes, it's compatible with your camera.

I've been thinking about getting the Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens, you could look into that one. Just go to google and search for reviews and specs for it, it's simple and you can learn alot. And yes, it's compatible with your camera.

do you have a link to this one? whats the difference between the EF and EF-S i see you have both

I use a Tamron 24-75 f/2.8 Macro and I love it.

is this fully compatible with my camera...does it give full view? what camera do you use

It is compatible with your camera. I use a Canon 7D and the Canon 20D. And the full view should be based on your camera (I believe). Like my 7D has the 100% viewfinder.

I just got a EF 100mm 2.8L IS macro lens. It works with your camera. For a general purpose stay on lens I would use a EF-S 15-85mm lens

ef-s works with APS-C cameras only
ef works with APS-C and full frame cameras.

You have an APS-C

And no, I dont have a link to that

Most reactions

Back